|Benoît Badiashile Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Benoît Badiashile is a French professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, AS Monaco FC II (2018-2019) and AS Monaco FC (2018-2023) in France; and Chelsea F.C. (2023-Present) in England. AS Monaco FC II is the reserve team of AS Monaco FC. At the international level, he represented France at the under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, and under-21 tiers after which he received his first call-up to the French senior national team during the 2022-23 edition of the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Nations League, the 3rd season of a continental competition that involves the men’s national teams of the 55 members of the UEFA. Benoît made his senior national debut in a group stage match of that tournament – in September 2022, against Austria.
Benoît Ntambue Badiashile Mukinayi Baya
Limoges, Haute-Vienne, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Raymond Badiashile (Architect)
- Mother – His mother is a nurse.
- Siblings – Loïc Badiashile (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
- 18 – France
- 12, 5, 4 – AS Monaco FC II
- 32, 6, 14, 5, 4, 15 – AS Monaco FC
- 4 – Chelsea F.C.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Congolese descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, afro hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a thin goatee
Benoît Badiashile Facts
- Benoît started his youth career in 2007 when, as a 6-year-old, he joined the youth team of a now-defunct local club called Limoges FC. About a year later, in 2008, he joined the youth academy of another French club called SC Malesherbes.
- In 2016, he was recruited by the youth system of the top-tier Monégasque club AS Monaco FC. AS Monaco FC is based in Monaco (the 2nd-smallest sovereign state in the world (with a total landmass of just 0.78 square miles), after Vatican City) but the club plays in the French soccer league system and is one of the most successful clubs there.
- Benoît’s senior career began in 2018 when he began turning out for both AS Monaco FC II and AS Monaco FC. AS Monaco FC II is the reserve team of AS Monaco FC.
- In 2021, he was included in the ‘IFFHS Men’s Youth (Under-20) World Team’. The IFFHS (International Federation of Football History & Statistics) is an organization that chronicles soccer history and records.
- On January 5, 2023, Benoît signed a 7-and-a-half-year contract with English giants Chelsea F.C. for a transfer fee that was reported to be approximately £32.7 million (€37 million).
- A couple of months short of his 22nd birthday at that time, he had already played more than 130 senior-level professional matches for his previous club (AS Monaco FC). More than 100 of these matches were in the Ligue 1 (the top tier of the French professional soccer league system).
- 10 days later, he made his debut for Chelsea F.C., starting against Crystal Palace F.C., in a Premier League (the top tier of the English professional soccer league system) match. Benoît played the entire game and earned his new club a clean sheet (a term used to refer to a defensive team that prevents the opposing side from scoring even a single goal in a match).
Featured Image by Benoît Badiashile / Instagram