New York City, New York, United States
Bethenny has attended several schools in her life as she was always moving / relocating.
In 1988, Bethenny graduated from Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Post that, she went to Natural Gourmet Institute in New York City.
Finally, Bethenny attended New York University.
Reality TV personality, entrepreneur, chef, talk show host, author
- Father – Robert J. Frankel (Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer)
- Mother – Bernadette Birk (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – None
- Others – John Parisella (Step-father) (Horse Trainer)
She is signed with PR firm 42 West.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bethenny Frankel dated –
- Peter Sussman (1996-1997) – From 1996 to 1997, she was married to entertainment industry executive Peter Sussman (not to be confused with film producer Peter Sussman).
- Jason Hoppy (2008-2014) – In 2008, she started romancing pharmaceutical sales executive Jason Hoppy. In March 2010, the couple got married. In May 2010, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Bryn. This relationship saw an end in December 2012. Subsequently, in January 2013, Bethenny filed for divorce. In 2012, due to miscarriage, she lost her second child with Jason.
- Warren Lichtenstein (2013) – In 2013, she was RUMORed to have hooked up with Chairman and CEO of Steel Partners LLC, Warren Lichtenstein.
- Eric Stonestreet (2015) – She dated for a couple of months with actor Eric Stonestreet in 2015. The relationship became public in July 2015. She also tweeted to Eric about her presence at the Dodgers game and Hamptons at the same time. They had met for the first time in April 2015.
- Alex Rodriguez – During Bethenny’s appearance on the talk show Watch What Happens, she revealed that she has dated for a while with the former baseball player, Alex Rodriguez in the past.
- Dennis Shields (2016-2017, 2017-2018) – In June 2016, she was linked with a man named, Dennis Shields. They dated for almost a year and split in April 2017. Then, they were again linked in August 2017. This time they dated until his death in August 2018.
- Ben Kosinski (2018) – In October 2018, after two months of her breakup with Dennis, she was seen kissing tech startup investor and model, Ben Kosinski. He is about 18 years her junior.
- Paul Bernon (2018-Present) – In December 2018, Bethenny made her relationship with film producer Paul Bernon public through Instagram after having started dating sometime back.
Race / Ethnicity
Thin body frame
37-23-36 in or 94-58.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed her own brand Skinnygirl Cocktail and has appeared in its commercials.
Her dad was Jewish, her mom converted to Jewish faith (from Catholic). Her step-dad was Catholic and she also went to a Catholic school.
Bethenny considers herself spiritual but not religious.
Best Known For
Appearing on the Bravo’s reality television series The Real Housewives of New York City, for founding Skinnygirl brand, and hosting the talk show Bethenny.
As an actress, Bethenny had a minor role in the 1993 film Soiree Sans Hors D’oeuvres for her role as a woman.
Bethenny then appeared in 1994 thriller film Hollywood Hills 90028 for her lead role as Laura Drake.
First TV Show
In 2005, Frankel appeared in NBC reality game show The Apprentice: Martha Stewart as herself. She finished second in the show.
She is really active into yoga and has released her fitness books and DVDs.
Bethenny does 15-minute power yoga sessions to remain in shape. She doesn’t have that much time to go to a yoga studio and spend 60 to 90 minutes there. So, she prefers small sessions of 15 minutes.
She has listed down various yoga poses which she goes throughout the day. She suggests her fans do the same and can perform this one, two or three times a day.
- Standing Forward Bend
- Leg Kick
- Knee Bend
- Prayer Position
- Torso Balance
- Warrior One
- Lunging Foot Switch
- Knee to Nose
- Downward Dog to Standing Forward Bend
Get the description of each pose from Health.com.
Bethenny Frankel Favorite Things
- Food – Pretzels, Larabars, black licorice, Kind bars
- TV Shows – The Hills (2006-2010)
- Jeans – Levi’s skinny jeans
- Workout Clothes – Fila, Alo (Name of the company which makes such clothes)
- Websites – Ebay.com, Saks.com, Target.com, Ikea.com, Oldnavy.com
- Mattress – Serta iComfort Insight Mattress
- Restaurants in NYC – La Esquina, Kaffe 1168, Bagatelle, Juice Press, Soho House, Carbone (Best Italian restaurant)
- Candy – Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Shoe – Stuart Weitzman Sandal
- New Yorker – Carrie Bradshaw
- Beauty Products – Clinique Blush, DDF Mask
- Medication – Any sleep-inducing agent
Bethenny Frankel Facts
- Bethenny is the only child of her parents.
- Her parents divorced when she was 4 years old. Her mom married another horse trainer when Bethenny was 5.
- Frankel’s childhood was “difficult.” Her dad (after divorce stopped supporting the family and even argued aggressively with her step-dad).
- On the set of sitcom Saved by the Bell, she has worked as a production assistant.
- In September 2009, she shed all of her clothes and posed n*de for PETA billboard appearance.
- As an entrepreneur, she has started her brand called Skinnygirl under which she produces low-calorie alcoholic beverages, protein bars, shakes, etc.
- Being an author, she has published several fitness books and released fitness DVDs.
- She is good friends with TV journalist Lara Spencer.
- When young, she had a big crush on comedian Jerry Seinfeld.
- She doesn’t give money to panhandlers.
- She enjoys doing snowboarding and rollerblading.
- Bethenny does not like to watch competition TV shows, American Idol, and Housewives shows.
- Her first ever job was to sell clothes at men’s clothing store called Beau Brummel.
- She was hyperactive listening to her songs before 1998 and believes that she knows the lyrics to each of the songs on her iPod.
- In 2011, she released a fitness DVD called “Bethenny’s Skinnygirl Workout.”
- You may want to check out her closet confessions on YouTube.
- Visit her official website @ www.bethenny.com.
- Connect with Bethenny on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.