|Betty Who Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1991|
Betty Who is an Australian singer and songwriter who shot to fame with the release of her single, I Love You Always Forever, in 2016. She has also been featured in Troye Sivan‘s song, Heaven, in 2016. Betty (aka Jessica Newham) has a huge social media fan base and is emerging as a major artist in pop music. Her songs have secured top 10 positions in various song charts with the song Somebody Loves You perching up to #1 on March 8, 2014, on Billboard’s Dance/Club Play Songs chart.
Jessica Anne Newham
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Betty went to Ascham School in Sydney and then to Frensham School in Southern Highlands, New South Wales. In 2007, she moved to the United States to attend Interlochen Center for the Arts in Michigan.
She also attended the Berklee College of Music in Boston, United States.
- Mother – Cynthia Johnson
She self-manages her career.
Synthpop, Power Pop, Electronic, Nu-Disco, Electro House, Indie Pop
Vocals, Keyboard, Guitar, Cello
- RCA Records (Former)
- Kobalt Music Group (Current)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Betty Who has dated –
- Zak Cassar (2014-Present) – Zal Cassar, son of director and producer Jon Cassar, is a photographer for film and music industry who, according to his Instagram post, started dating Betty somewhere around the year 2014. The duo has been dating since then and he proposed to Betty on November 21, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She likes to dye her hair in various shades of blonde.
Best Known For
- Her single, I Love You Always Forever, which was released in 2016 and got listed in the top 10 in Australia
- The song, All of You, which was released in 2015
Betty released her debut album, Take Me When You Go, on October 3, 2014, by RCA Records.
First TV Show
Betty made her TV show debut as a musical guest in 2013, an episode of Big Morning Buzz Live, a live daily morning news and pop culture talk show.
While the singer stays busy with concerts, she maintains her fitness through a combination of yoga, spin classes, sprinting and the likes.
Betty Who Facts
- She has been trained as a cellist since she was 4.
- She wrote her first song at the age of 14.
- Betty is self-taught in guitar and piano.
- Her stage name, Betty, came from the title of the song which she wrote when she was 16. It was dedicated to unrequited love.
- Betty met producer Peter Thomas during her first semester at Berklee College of Music in Boston as he too was attending the same college.
- Her debut single, Somebody Loves You, was initially released independently by Betty as a free download. It was then performed by pop music blogger and at-the-time official Grammy blogger, Arjan Writes on November 30, 2012, which boosted the awareness of the song among the masses.
- Visit Betty’s official website @ bettywhomusic.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Google+.
Featured Image by Betty Who / Instagram