|Billy Currington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1973|
Billy Currington is a talented American singer and songwriter. He is known for his hit songs including Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right, Good Directions, People Are Crazy, That’s How Country Boys Roll, Pretty Good at Drinkin’ Beer, Let Me Down Easy, and Do I Make You Wanna. He is signed to Mercury Records Nashville. Billy has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube.
William Matthew Currington
Billy, Wild Bill
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Billy Currington attended the Effingham County High School in Springfield, Georgia.
- Mother – Donna Currington
- Siblings – Lexie (Sister), Ann (Sister), Kim (Sister), Kellie (Sister), Charles (Brother), Jason (Brother), and Kurt Cobain (Brother)
- Others – Laurie Currington (Step-Father)
Billy Currington is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Currington has dated –
- Katie – Billy was in a relationship with Katie in the past. The couple was spotted at the CMA ceremony in 2014. However, it is not sure if the couple is still dating or not.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Deep-set eyes
Billy Currington has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- WETT Coconut Water
- PA’IA, MAUI HAWAI’I
Best Known For
His several #1 hit songs including Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right, Good Directions, People Are Crazy, That’s How Country Boys Roll, Pretty Good at Drinkin’ Beer, Let Me Down Easy, Hey Girl, We Are Tonight, Don’t It“, It Don’t Hurt Like It Used To, and Do I Make You Wanna
On September 30, 2003, Billy released his first studio self-titled album Billy Currington through Mercury Records Nashville. The album had 11 original songs.
First TV Show
In 1994, he made his first TV show appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Billy Currington has worked as a personal trainer, so he is aware of all the health and nutrition required for the body. Apart from working out regularly in the gym, he likes to go surfing and running.
Part of his regime includes drinking lots of water. While on tours, he stocks his bus fridge with various fruits and vegetables as he likes to mix 15 to 16 different vegetables and have it as a juice. He also drinks lots of coconut water.
Billy Currington Favorite Things
- Person To Go On Tour – Keith Urban
- Childhood Memories – His grandmother making peanut butter cookies
Source – CMT.com, GreatAmericanCountry.com
Billy Currington Facts
- He took his step-father’s last name Currington after his mother married him when he was one and a half years old.
- During his early days in Nashville, he lived in a tiny attic apartment.
- He moved to Nashville after completing his high school to pursue a career in country music.
- In his initial days as a country singer, he performed in a bar named Cavalier Country Club in Georgia.
- In August 2017, he created a record when he became the first country music artist in US Billboard Country Airplay chart history to have a song in the #1 spot over another country music artist’s song in the #2 spot, after gaining an audience of nearly 9,500,000 for the song Do I Make You Wanna.
- He stated that he is not a morning person.
- If he could have a good meal before he goes for a long road trip, he would have his grandma’s menu of fried chicken, the green beans, the mashed potatoes, and homemade biscuits.
- The worst job he had done was his first job at the age of 18 when he worked in a pawn shop in Nashville.
- The hardest job was the concrete job where he had to pour concrete, drive the concrete trucks, work in the warehouses, load the trucks, and operate the crane trucks.
- The video for his song, Doin’ Somethin’ Right was filmed on a little island called Culebra, which is 30 minutes off Puerto Rico and the female cast for the video was former Miss Mexico, Blanca Soto.
- He heard his song Walk a Little Straighter for the first time on radio when he was returning home to Rincon, Georgia from Florida.
- In April 2013, he was indicted with felony criminal charges of “abuse of an elder person by inflicting mental anguish” and “making terroristic threats” by the Grand Jury of Chatham County, Georgia.
- He is the founder of Global South Relief organization that is involved in delivering supplies to the needy people in Central American countries.
- Visit his official website @ billycurrington.com.
Featured Image by so.salem / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
Love your style but not your content. Especially the truck fishing song. Not at all conducive for family listening. Please help. Would love to hear more from you in a good way.