|Jennifer Gimenez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1977|
Jennifer Gimenez is an American model, actress, and TV personality, best known for her international model career during which she shot campaigns for brands such as St. John, Avon, Paul Mitchell, Calvin Klein, and Chanel, and appeared on covers of magazines like American Elle, Latina, and Flaunt. She also walked the runways for major fashion brands in cities such as London, Paris, New York, Japan, Los Angeles, and numerous others. Jennifer is an accomplished actress, having appeared in notable movies Blow (2001) with Johnny Depp, Vanilla Sky (2001) with Tom Cruise and Penélope Cruz, The Sweetest Thing (2002) with Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate, and Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003) alongside Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore. Following her drug and alcohol problems, and subsequent rehab and full recovery, Jennifer also went on to appear as herself on TV shows Sober House (2009-2010), Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew (2011), as well as The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (2011-2015).
Her educational history is unknown.
Model, Actress, TV Personality
- Mother – Nelida Gimenez
- Siblings – Dwight Gimenez (Younger Brother)
Jennifer Gimenez is represented by –
- Creative Management Entertainment Group (CMEG) (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Abrams Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York, New York, United States
- Miloknay Weiner (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Gimenez has dated –
- Chris Kattan (1999) – She dated actor Chris Kattan for a short period of time in 1999.
- Brendan Fehr (2003) – In 2003, Jennifer went on to date the Canadian actor, but this relationship was short-lived as well.
- Andy Dick (2009) – In an interview in February 2009, she stated that she was dating a recovering addict, but didn’t clarify who it was. It was on July 14, 2013, when she made an appearance on the TV show Celebrity Wife Swap that it became known her boyfriend was the comedian/actor Andy Dick. They were in a long-term relationship, but Jennifer kept the details of their break up to herself. However, they remained on extremely good terms as were seen going out and partying together in 2017. Jennifer also supported his career endeavors and came to his stand-up comedy shows.
- Tim Ryan (2019-Present) – In early 2019, she began posting pictures with Tim, a recovering drug addict and TedX speaker, who was the leader of the campaign From Dope to Hope. They connected over the struggles they both experienced in life in regards to drug abuse, which was what brought them together. Together, they began working hard on aiding others on their recovery journey.
Race / Ethnicity
Jennifer Gimenez is of Argentinean descent.
- Tall, curvaceous physique
- Prominent cheekbones
- Fuller Lips
- Mole above the left lip
- Prominent nose
- Thin eyebrows
Jennifer Gimenez has promoted clothing collections of every major designer such as –
- Calvin Klein
Jennifer Gimenez appeared in campaigns for brands such as –
- Paul Mitchell
- St. John
- Calvin Klein
Best Known For
- Walking the runways for all major fashion brands such as Prada, Guess, Paul Mitchell, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Alaia, and others
- Her roles in movies such as Blow (2001), Corky Romano (2001), Vanilla Sky (2001), Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003), 9 Lives of Mara (2007), Birthday Cake (2013), and Chastity Bites (2013)
- Her reality TV show appearances in Sober House (2009-2010), Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew (2011), and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (2011-2015)
Jennifer Gimenez made her first theatrical film appearance as Inez in the drama film Blow in 2001.
First TV Show
Jennifer Gimenez made her first TV show appearance as Forrester Model in The Bold and the Beautiful in 1993.
Jennifer went through a lot of turmoil in her life regarding her diet, habits, and exercise. When she was discovered by a modeling agent, she forced herself to use laxatives, eat lettuce and very low-calorie food, and workout for up to 5 hours a day in the gym to stay skinny and satisfy the industry standards. This forced Jennifer to turn to cocaine to lose additional weight and comfort herself during long work and travel hours.
It wasn’t until she was 29 years old that she decided to go fully sober. Unfortunately, Jennifer found herself drawn to excessive food eating for comfort, which led to her reaching 200 lbs by 2008, and a peak weight of 267 lbs at some point. After unsuccessful diets, she turned to regular cardio on the treadmill and elliptical machine for almost an hour a day, 6 days a week. Soon, she hired a personal trainer to help her with intensive, high-repetition workouts to burn fat, and gain muscle.
Jennifer quickly lost 80 lbs but also hit a plateau where the scale simply refused to go further down. Jennifer then took educated advice and started swimming for an hour a day for 3 months. She also took yoga and stretching to increase elasticity, keep her muscle mass, and prevent injuries. During workouts, she stayed sober, ate pasta, oatmeal, banana, corn taco shells, and brown rice. In total, it took Jennifer around 3 years to get to the perfect weight that she felt confident, comfortable, strong, and healthy with.
Jennifer Gimenez Favorite Things
- Word – Unf*ckwithable
- People – Bob Forrest, Sophia Loren, Azzedine Alaia, Steve-O
- Animal – Dog
- Interests – Writing, Motivational Quotes, Public Speaking
Jennifer Gimenez Facts
- She was born in the United States but lived in Argentina until she was 6 years old. She came back to the United States afterward with her family.
- Her big break came when she was discovered by a renowned photographer Bruce Weber. She was 13 years old at the time and was at the Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California with her mom and her brother.
- Bruce Weber said that Jennifer had a potential to be a model, but that she was still undeveloped at the time, as she was 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm tall.
- Jennifer has a dog named Maxy, who is of a very small breed.
- Jennifer credited Azzedine Alaia for making her modeling career alongside Bruce Weber. He gave her a chance to promote his fashion brand Alaia on the runways and a place to stay when she was a young model. He died in November 2017, which broke Jennifer’s heart.
- Jennifer said on her website that she was the youngest model to appear on the American magazine Elle.
- She drank alcohol for the 1st time when she was 13 years old.
- A concerned friend, along with her mom, convinced her to check into the Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California for addiction treatment. There, she met Dr. Drew Pinsky, who helped her overcome her drug and alcohol problems with hard work and careful planning.
- After successful treatment, Dr. Drew told her that she would be a great role model for other addicts that have trouble dealing with fame and success. He featured her on his show Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew (2011) as a rehab technician.
- She got fully sober on January 15, 2006, and celebrated 13 years of being sober with her social media followers in January 2019.
- Jennifer is religious and believes that God affected her life in a positive way. At one point, she said she was dating herself and God, and repeated positive reinforcements to herself in order to get through withdrawals.
- To help others, she began working in the Royal Life Centers across the United States and helping others overcome their addiction struggles. She also took to motivational speaking at public events by talking about her own life.
- She appeared in the music video for the song That’s The Way Love Is by The Commitments band, originally released in 1992.
- Jennifer was also recognized by fans in the music video for the song When Will I See You Again by Babyface in 1995.
- In 2001, she appeared in the music video for Mick Jagger‘s single Visions of Paradise.
- In 2003, Jennifer appeared in the music video for the song All About You, performed by the rapper Tupac Shakur.
- Visit her official website @ jenngimenez.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jennifer Gimenez / Instagram