|Billy Ray Cyrus Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1961|
Billy Ray Cyrus is a successful American singer, songwriter, and actor. He is a multi-platinum selling recording artist with several hit studio albums and singles including songs like Achy Breaky Heart, Could’ve Been Me, Wher’m I Gonna Live?, She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore, Ready, Set, Don’t Go, and many more. His album, Some Gave All is one of the all-time top-ranking debut albums by a male country artist. Billy is also a famous face on-screen featuring in TV series like Doc, Hannah Montana, and Still the King. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
William Ray Cyrus
Flatwoods, Kentucky, United States
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Billy Ray Cyrus joined Georgetown College on a baseball scholarship. However, he left college in his junior year to pursue his music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Ron Cyrus (Politician, Former Steelworker)
- Mother – Ruth Ann Casto
- Siblings – Kevin Cyrus (Brother)
- Others – He has half-brother, half-sisters, and stepsisters. Eldon Lindsey/Lindsay Cyrus (Paternal Grandfather), Joseph Morgan Cyrus (Paternal Great Grandfather), Sarah Elvessa Hayes (Paternal Great Grandmother), Verlina Adeline Hay (Paternal Grandmother), Martin Alexander Hay (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary Jane Hayes (Paternal Great Grandmother), William Clayton Casto (Maternal Grandfather), Joseph C./Johnsey Casto (Maternal Great Grandfather), Josie E. Johnson (Maternal Great Grandmother), Mary Guila/Guilla Boggs (Maternal Grandmother), Clement Alexander Boggs (Maternal Great Grandfather), Leora Olive McAtee (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Billy Ray Cyrus is managed by –
- Bob Kinkead and Julie Devereux, The Kinkead Entertainment, Talent Agency, Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
- Scott Adkins, Publicist, Adkins Publicity, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Mercury Records
- Monument Records
- Madacy Records
- Word Records
- Curb Records
- Warner Bros
- New Door Records
- Ume Records
- Walt Disney
- Lyric Street Records
- Buena Vista Records
- Broken Bow Records
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Ray Cyrus has dated –
- Cindy Smith – In the mid-1980s, Billy began a relationship with Cindy Smith. They later tied the knot in 1986. They have co-written several songs like Wher’m I Gonna Live? and Some Gave All, which was later included in his debut album Some Gave All (1992). However, the couple divorced in 1991.
- Kristin Luckey (1991) – In 1991, Billy briefly dated waitress Kristin Luckey after his divorce from Cindy Smith. By the time their relationship ended, Kristin was already pregnant with their child Christopher Cody (b. April 8, 1992), as Billy was already in another relationship with Leticia Finley. Though Billy pledged to support Kristin and their son Christopher, they remain aloof from the Cyrus family, quietly settled in South Carolina.
- Leticia “Tish” Finley (1991-2022) – In 1991, Billy started dating Leticia “Tish” Finley. Soon, Tish became pregnant with the couple’s first child (Billy’s second in the same year). The couple secretly tied the knot against his record company’s advice on December 28, 1993. They are blessed with 3 children together, Miley Cyrus (b. Destiny Hope on November 23, 1992), Braison Chance Cyrus (b. May 9, 1994), and Noah Lindsey Cyrus (b. January 8, 2000). Billy also adopted Tish’s children from a previous marriage, daughter Brandi Cyrus (b. May 26, 1987) and son Trace Cyrus (b. February 24, 1989). The couple’s marriage has been shaken few many times as Billy filed the first divorce on October 26, 2010, citing irreconcilable differences, which was later dropped. Then on June 13, 2013, Tish filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. However, the couple took therapy and dropped the divorce again. Again in 2017, their divorce case had to be dismissed by the court officially, when the couple failed to appear for a hearing. In April 2022, the couple announced their separation and later filed for divorce.
- Dylis Croman (2012-2013) – In 2012, Billy started a brief affair with Dylis Croman, which continued till 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh descent.
- Tattooed hands
- Often seen wearing a cowboy hat
Billy Ray Cyrus has either endorsed or appeared in the commercials for brands like FastLife Insurance.
Best Known For
- His numerous hit studio albums and singles including songs like Achy Breaky Heart, Could’ve Been Me, Wher’m I Gonna Live?, She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore, In the Heart of a Woman, Somebody New, Busy Man, Ready, Set, Don’t Go, and more
- Appearing in several popular TV series like Doc (2001–2004) as Dr. Clint Cassidy, Hannah Montana (2006–2011) as Robby Ray Stewart, and Still the King (2016–2017) as Vernon Brownmule
On May 19, 1992, he released his first album titled Some Gave All with Mercury Records. The album was the best selling album in the United States that year while producing 4 hit singles on the Billboard country charts.
In 2001, he made his theatrical film debut in the drama film Mulholland Drive as Gene.
In 2009, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the English version of the adventure film, Luke and Lucy: The Texas Rangers as Sheriff Cooper.
First TV Show
In 1992, he made his first TV show appearance on the musical series Top of the Pops.
In 2008, he made his debut as a voice actor in the animated series Phineas and Ferb as Buck Buckerson.
Billy Ray Cyrus Favorite Things
- Thing To Do With Family – Go out, roast wieners and marshmallows and sit by a fire
- Bible Verse – “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- Gospel Hymn – Amazing Grace
Source – CMT.com
Billy Ray Cyrus Facts
- At the age of 4, he started singing.
- Coming from a religious family where his grandfather was a Pentecostal preacher, the divorce of his parents in 1966, when he was just 5 years old, was an embarrassing episode for him.
- He grew up with the influence of bluegrass and gospel music from his family.
- He is left-handed.
- After attending a Neil Diamond concert, he realized that his calling was to be a musician.
- He had been a member of a band called Sly Dog in the 1980s.
- The name Sly Dog was actually the name of one of his dogs that was one-eyed.
- In 1990, one of Mercury talent scouts discovered him during his opening act for a Reba McEntire concert in Louisville, Kentucky.
- The song Achy Breaky Heart was originally titled Don’t tell my heart which however was renamed after fans kept asking him to play the ‘achy breaky’ song.
- He is a fan of the Tennessee Titans American football team and The Nashville Predators ice hockey team.
- If he didn’t have to bother about his career, he would just spend time at home in Tennessee and be a daddy.
- Visit his official website @ billyraycyrus.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Matthew D. Leistikow / www.navy.mil / Public Domain