|David Dastmalchian Quick Info
|6 ft 0.5 in
|Date of Birth
|February 29, 1984
David Dastmalchian is an American actor known for appearing in popular movies such as Ant-Man, Blade Runner 2049, and Ant-Man and the Wasp. He hadn’t planned to become an actor while he was studying in high school. In fact, he had planned to play football in college but then, he received a scholarship for acting and moved to Chicago to start his training. Although his skills and acting talent was well evident in college productions, he had to struggle a lot to get his acting career on right track. He had to battle addiction along the way.
Pennsylvania, United States
David Dastmalchian went to the Shawnee Mission South High School and graduated in 1994. After being convinced by his teachers that he had potential, he decided to join The Theatre School at DePaul University. He eventually graduated from the university.
- Father – Hossein M. Dastmalchian
- Mother – Pamela Lynn
- Others – Carl Andrew Erie (Maternal Grandfather), Pattie “Pat” Hunter (Maternal Grandmother)
David Dastmalchian is represented by –
- Duncan Hedges
- Jordyn Palos of Persona PR
- Jeremy Miller of Epoch Talent
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Dastmalchian has dated –
- Evelyn Leigh (2013-Present) – In August 2013, David got married to writer and producer, Evelyn Leigh. They had been dating for quite some time. She has also worked in a capacity of art director in his movie, Animals. Over the course of their marriage, she has given birth to a son named Arlo in 2014. She has also given birth to a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Middle Eastern, White, and Asian)
He has Persian, Italian, English, Irish, and Armenian ancestry.
- Sharp Nose
- Tall height
David Dastmalchian has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Nintendo 64
- Cingular Wireless
Best Known For
- Being cast in the popular and commercially successful movies such as Ant-Man, Blade Runner 2049, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and The Dark Knight
- Having appeared on popular TV shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Cyber, Twin Peaks, and The Flash
In 2008, he made his theatrical film debut in the superhero action movie, The Dark Knight, in which he was cast as one of the Joker’s henchmen.
First TV Show
In 2000, he made his first TV show appearance as Patron #1 on Early Edition. However, his role was uncredited.
In 2008, David Dastmalchian made his first credited TV show appearance in the Heal Thyself episode of the medical drama TV series, ER.
David Dastmalchian Favorite Things
- Movie Genre – Classic Horror and Monster movies
Source – IMDb
David Dastmalchian Facts
- He was planning to play college football on the east coast when he earned an acting scholarship to take acting training in Chicago.
- The most number of audiences that he had performed in front of by the time he was cast in The Dark Knight was 125 people.
- Before his acting career took off, he had to battle heroin addiction. He endured his addiction problem for 5 years before finally cleaning up his act.
- He used his drug addiction problem to write the screenplay of the independent movie, Animals in 2014. The movie won a “Special Jury Prize” at SXSW Film Festival. He had also played a lead role in the movie.
- Before he managed to achieve substantial success as an actor, he worked as a circus performer and theatre usher. He also worked as a fisherman.
- David got his first big breakthrough in 2013 in the psychological thriller movie, The Employer.
- He is a member of the Shattered Globe Theatre Company and Caffeine Theatre in Chicago.
- Visit his official website @ daviddastmalchian.com.
Featured Image by David Dastmalchian / Instagram