Jasmine Lucilla Elizabeth Jennifer van den Bogaerde
Lymington, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
Birdy took her GCSEs at Priestlands School in Lymington.
She then attended a sixth-form college called Brockenhurst College in Brockenhurst, New Forest, Hampshire to study A-levels, but dropped out later.
- Father – Rupert Oliver Benjamin van den Bogaerde (Writer)
- Mother – Hon. Sophie Patricia (née Roper-Curzon) (Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Jake (Younger Brother) (b. 1997), Caitlin (Younger Sister) (b. 1999) (Singer), Moses (Older Half-Brother) (Drummer), Sam (Older Half-Brother)
- Others – Captain John Christopher Ingram Roper-Curzon (Maternal Grandfather), Sir Dirk Bogarde (Great Uncle) (Actor)
She is signed to SL Artist Management.
Folk, indie folk, indie rock, indie pop
Vocals, guitar, piano
She can also play the violin but is not good at it.
Lady of the Lake, 14th Floor, Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
But, as per her Official Facebook Chat, she considers herself 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm.
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Her dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish, English and Belgian ancestry.
- Intense soprano vocal range
- Emotional lyrics
34-26-33 in or 86-66-84 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her singles “Skinny Love,” “People Help the People,” and “Wings.”
Birdy released her debut album Birdy on November 4, 2011 by Atlantic Records. The indie folk album consists of 11 singles in the standard edition, giving it a total length of just over 44 minutes.
It peaked at #1 in many countries including Australia, Belgium, Netherlands. In the UK, it reached #13 and was certified as Gold.
She has not appeared in any of the films.
Her workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Birdy Favorite Things
- Food – Carbonara
- TV Shows (Soaps) – Home and Away (1988-Present), Neighbours (1985-Present), EastEnders (1985-Present)
- Song From Her Sophomore Album “Fire Within” – All You Never Say
- Albums – Hopes and Fears by Keane, Tracy Chapman by Tracy Chapman, Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
- Justin Bieber Song – Boyfriend
- Book – Cleared for Take-Off
- Book Series – The Hunger Games
- Band – Keane
- Classical Artist – Fryderyk Chopin
- Jeff Buckley Song – Last Goodbye
- Destination – Paris (Just because of buildings)
- Movie – Brave (2012)
- Alt-J Song – Breezeblocks
- Actress – Emma Roberts
- Color – Blue
Source – IMDb, Billboard, YouTube Video, AriaCharts.com.au, Dolly Magazine, Facebook
- Birdy learned piano when she was 7.
- Birdy started songwriting when she turned 8.
- She is from her dad’s second marriage. He earlier married to late Jacqueline Bond.
- Along with her other 4 siblings, Birdy grew up at Pylewell Park estate (1500 acre land) of her maternal grandfather.
- Her mother has nine siblings. They used to live close to her house when she was growing up.
- If she weren’t a singer, she would have been a hairdresser or a writer.
- Her career started professionally in 2008.
- In 2008, when she was 12, Birdy won the Open Mic UK talent competition by performing her own song “So Be Free.”
- She listens to classical music as well as Adele and Lykke Li.
- She also likes cooking, especially carbonara.
- Once Birdy had to ban her mom from coming to her shows as she used to be more nervous than Birdy herself, which was not good for her just before a stage show.
- She used to be called “Birdy” since her childhood by her friends and family. This is because she used to open her mouth like a birth while being fed.
- She likes reading and has read “The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green.
- She gave the music to the 2010 horror thriller film, Ruiner.
- She has a celebrity crush on Robert Pattinson.
- Visit her official website @ officialbirdy.com.
- Hear more from Birdy on Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube, Google+, Last.fm, MySpace, and iTunes.