|Björn Ulvaeus Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1945|
Björn Ulvaeus is a Swedish musician, singer, songwriter, composer, guitarist, producer, writer, and musical director best known as a member of the musical group ABBA, alongside Agnetha Fältskog, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. Formed in 1972, the group became one of the best-selling music acts in the history of popular music and was inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2002 and into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. ABBA‘s discography consists of multiple albums such as Ring Ring, The Visitors, The Album, ABBA, Arrival, Waterloo, Voyage, Super Trouper, and Voulez-Vous. Moreover, Björn Ulvaeus is also known as the co-composer of the musicals Chess, Kristina från Duvemåla, and Mamma Mia! as well as he also co-produced the films Mamma Mia! and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again with fellow ABBA member and close friend Benny Andersson.
Björn Kristian Ulvaeus
Björn Ulvaeus completed his studies at Lund University in business law.
Songwriter, composer, musician, singer, guitarist, producer, writer, and musical director
- Father – Erik Gunnar Ulvaeus
- Mother – Aina Ulvaeus
- Siblings – He has a brother.
- Others – Erik Alexius Ulvaeus/Andersson (Paternal Grandfather), Hulda Teresia Höglund (Paternal Grandmother), Oskar Viktor Bengtsson (Maternal Grandfather), Eleonora Constantia Nilsson (Maternal Grandmother)
Mono Music AB has managed Björn Kristian Ulvaeus.
- Swedish folk
- Euro disco
Guitar and vocals
- Polar Music
- RCA Victor
- Universal Music
His net worth had been $300 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Björn Ulvaeus has dated –
- Marianne Ackerman (1968) – Bjorn had a romance with Swedish girl Marianne Ackerman in 1968.
- Agnetha Fältskog (1971-1980) – Swedish musician Agnetha was part of the famous band ABBA. The two lovebirds decided to marry on July 6, 1971. The couple also has two children together – daughter Linda Elin Ulvaeus (b. February 23, 1973), and son Peter Christian Ulvaeus (b. December 4, 1977). The two decided to part and ended their marriage in 1978. The couple’s divorce was finalized in July 1980.
- Lena Källersjö (January 1979–2022) – Music journalist Lena began dating Bjorn in January 1979. The couple decided to tie the knot on January 6, 1981. They have two daughters Emma (born in 1982) and Anna (born in 1986). They announced their separation in February 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Björn Ulvaeus is of Swedish descent.
Atheist (via a YouTube video)
Best Known For
- Being a former band member of the famous Swedish music group ABBA
- Co-composting and producing the music and film Mamma Mia! (2008)
Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus released their first album called Lycka in 1970.
With the band ABBA, Bjorn released the debut studio album Ring Ring in March 1973. It reached #2 on Swedish music charts.
Björn Ulvaeus made his theatrical debut in the 1964 Swedish film Älskling på vift. He was one of the band members of The Hootenanny Singers.
First TV Show
In 1971, Bjorn appeared in the musical comedy series Disco.
Björn Ulvaeus Facts
- Bjorn and Benny never had a photograph together. Hence, there is a fan theory that the two are the same.
- Before ABBA, Bjorn was a part of the Hootenanny Singers, a Swedish band also called the West Bay Singers.
- He started supporting cash-free and electronic payments after thieves broke into his son’s house. The famous ABBA museum has also been cash-free since its inception in May 2013. The Guardian called Bjorn Sweden’s “highest-profile cash-free campaigner”.
- Bjorn revealed that he was suffering from memory loss in 2008.
- He lived in the UK from 1984 to 1990 where he was a co-founder of an IT firm along with his brother.
- On November 5, 2021, ABBA released its 9th studio album titled Voyage and it includes songs like When You Danced with Me, Little Things, Don’t Shut Me Down, I Still Have Faith in You, Just a Notion, I Can Be That Woman, Keep an Eye on Dan, and Ode to Freedom. The album peaked at number #1 on several music charts including UK Albums (OCC) chart, Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) chart, Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart, French Albums (SNEP) chart, and New Zealand Albums (RMNZ) chart.
- He is not on social media.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0