|Thibaut Courtois Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1992|
Thibaut Courtois is a Belgian professional footballer who is best known for his career as a goalkeeper for the Belgium national team and Spanish club Real Madrid. He is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in world football and has also played for teams like Genk, Atlético Madrid, and Chelsea in the past. During the course of his career, Thibaut has won numerous tournaments such as La Liga, Belgian Pro League, UEFA Europa League, Copa del Rey, Premier League, Football League Cup, Supercopa de España, FIFA Club World Cup, and has received honors such as Belgian’s “Professional Goalkeeper of the Year”, La Liga‘s “Goalkeeper of the Season”, “Best Belgian Player Abroad”, Belgian’s “Sportsman of the year”, “The Best FIFA Goalkeeper”, and IFFHS “World’s Best Goalkeeper”.
Thibaut Nicolas Marc Courtois
He studied modern languages in a local school in his hometown.
- Father – Thierry Courtois (Former Volleyball Player)
- Mother – Gitte Courtois (Former Volleyball Player) (Physiotherapist)
- Siblings – Valerie Courtois (Older Sister) (Professional Volleyball Player), Gaetan Courtois (Brother)
Courtois is signed with Christophe Henrotay.
6 ft 6½ in or 199 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thibaut Courtois has dated –
- Marta Dominguez – Thibaut was in a relationship with Marta Dominguez in the past. They have one daughter Adriana (b. May 26, 2015). The couple broke up in April 2017 while Marta was pregnant with their 2nd child. She gave birth to their son, Nicolás, in May 2017.
- Alba Carrillo
- Mishel Gerzig (2021-Present) – Thibaut started dating model Mishel Gerzig in July 2021. They got engaged in June 2022. In the past, the couple also adopted a dog.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
He has signed an endorsement deal with the well-known sportswear brand Nike.
Best Known For
Being one of the best goalkeepers of his generation and also for winning the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Ricardo Zamora Trophies for best goalkeeper.
First Football Match
Courtois made his debut for Genk on April 17, 2009, in a match against Gent.
He debuted for Atlético Madrid in a UEFA Europa League match against Vitoria de Guimaraes on August 25, 2011.
Thibaut played his first official match for the senior national team of Belgium in October 2011 in a friendly match against France.
- Shot stopping
- Penalty saving
- Passing accuracy
- Long passing
Thibaut Courtois Favorite Things
- Spanish Food – Gazpacho, Iberian ham
Source – Clubatleticodemadrid.com
Thibaut Courtois Facts
- He started his career as a left-back in the local club Bilzen V.V.
- At the age of 7, he moved to Racing Genk and started playing as a goalkeeper.
- Thibaut won the Belgian Pro League with Genk during the 2010-2011 season.
- In July 2011, Thibaut signed a five-year deal with the English club Chelsea for a total of 9 million euros.
- Once he joined Chelsea, he was loaned to the Spanish club Atlético Madrid.
- He won the 2013 Copa del Rey trophy with Atlético Madrid. In the finals, he was named the man of the match after his team beat Real Madrid with a final score of 2-1.
- His loan to Atlético Madrid was extended for 12 more months before the start of the 2013-2014 season.
- Courtois performed in the 2014 UEFA Champions League Final. Atlético lost the final with 1-4 to Real Madrid.
- In June 2014, he returned to Chelsea. On September 11, 2014, Thibaut signed a five-year deal with Chelsea.
- He won the 2015 League Cup after Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur with a score of 2-0 in the finals.
- He can speak Dutch, French, Spanish, and English languages.
- Fascinated by Thibaut’s save in January 2013, one Colombian fan made a social media meme by the name Thibauting as a sign of respect, he has for the Belgium international.
- During the 2022 Balloon d’Or awards ceremony, Thibaut won the Yashin Trophy for being the best goalkeeper.