Professional bodybuilder, Kai Greene from New York, USA has great muscles and body mass. At Wikipedia, he is listed as 5 ft 8 inch tall, with around 116 to 121 kg weight during competitions. Greene takes Carnivor, which is a protein supplement to build his body empire. His chest, legs, and arms sizes are 58 inch (148 cm), 33 inch (85 cm), 22 inch (56 cm) respectively. So, let’s checkout, what it takes to grow into that kind of muscles mass. You may also want to read about the workout routines and diet plans of other bodybuilders too like Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Phil Heath.
He has earned a decent name in the industry by winning Arnold Classic 2009. He missed the first spot by just 1 place by scoring 2nd place in Mr. Olympia 2012 Contest. Kai is now sponsored by Flex magazine and MuscleMeds.
Kai Greene Workout Routine
Greene has devoted different days for different body parts, just like other professional bodybuilders (some of the common names have been listed above).
Here we provide with a sample workout routine, which Kai may have been using to build his muscle groups. But, before attempting the following workout, you may want to go for a short cardio session to warm up your body. Cardio or cardio-vascular exercises include running, jogging, cycling, swimming, hiking, etc. There is a wide variety of cardio (also known as aerobic exercise).
Day 1 – Chest
- Arm Pullovers – 3 sets with 20, 15, 12 reps
- Decline Bench Presses – 3 sets with 20, 15, 12 reps
- Flat Bench Presses – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
- Incline or Flat Dumbbell Flyes – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
Day 2 – Arm
For Biceps –
- Concentration Curls – 4 sets with 10 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curls – 4 sets with 8 to 10 reps
- Preacher Curls – 4 sets with 8 to 10 reps
- Reverse Curls – 4 sets with 8 to 10 reps
- Standing Bicep Curls with Straight Bar – 4 sets with 8 to 10 reps
For Triceps –
- Dumbbell Kickbacks – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
- Standing Triceps Extensions – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
- Triceps Cable Press Down – 3 sets with 20,15,12 reps
Day 3 – Legs
- Leg Extensions – 3 sets with 15 to 20 reps
- Squats – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Standing Calf Raises – 4 sets with 20 reps
- Leg Presses – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Hack Squats – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
Day 4 – Back
- Barbell Pull Ups – 3 sets with 10 reps
- Lats Pulldown – 3 sets with 12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Seated Cable Rows – 3 sets with 10 reps
- T-bar Rows – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
Day 5 – Shoulder
- Arnold Presses – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Behind the Neck Presses – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Military Presses – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Lateral Raises – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
- Upright Rows – 3 sets with 12 to 15 reps
Day 6 – Rest
Day 7 – Rest
It is also advised to take the help from an experienced physician or gym instructor to continue with the above schedule.
There is actually no straight forward plan, you may follow. Also, it is a habit of an an individual to cycle through variety of plans to gain maximum benefits and develop different muscle groups.
He works with prep coach George Farah. Greene is working with George since 2011.
Kai Greene Diet Plan
As already stated, Kai takes protein supplement, Carnivor. It can be taken as a post workout snack. After workout, your body needs to gain some immediate energy, which can be fulfilled by a shake containing 50 grams carbohydrates and 25 grams proteins.
As an example to gain muscle mass, one can follow the below given sample diet plan –
- 12 Egg Whites
- ¼ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 scallions
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1 fruit like apple
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ounce Almonds
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond/ Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces grilled Flank Steak
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ cucumber
- 1 teaspoon olive-oil
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast
- ⅓ quinoa
- 2 walnuts
- Craisins (Dried cranberries)
- 5 ounces tuna steak, with 7 ounces cod
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 Medium Yams
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 stalks of Asparagus
Kai Greene is a great bodybuilder.
Super i like
kai greene can be one leg of jay cutler.
Kai greene my big fan “I Love You kai greene. Indian big fans on kai greene
When it says 3sets 20, 15 , 12 does that mean 3 sets of 20 3 sets of 15 and 3 sets of 12
No, Matt. I don’t think so he would be doing 3 sets of each of them.
It must be a set of 20, followed by 15 and then a set with 12 reps.
Ja he means 3 workout 1st 20 repetition, 15 repetition and 12 last repetition. Kei my man we all love u
I am a big fan of your’s.you are a great bodybuilder.
Great Sir, simple and clean workout.
I am big fan of yours kai , i love you kai greene
I won’t say it is awesome because I will need to try it first but what I can say is I trust kai greene. Aka moving forward to more growth
Why the hell would anyone throw out the egg yolks, 1980 called and wants its “fats are bad for you” nutrition back.
I’m a boy of 25 and highly motivated for gaining bulk muscles n regarding this I’ve already gone to jym several times but didn’t get more than 1 inch size ..I thought the things behind this can be no use of supplement ,,proper diet or any things else …..
so its a request to u all who can guide me for gaining my size ….what exactly I should do or in what way .
Follow him on YouTube for guidance my friend…
India loves u kai greene
Good thing i read this “Here we provide with a sample workout routine, which Kai may have been using to build his muscle groups.” Because i was seeing things wrong, for example leg’s day; he always starts with a warm up in which he does abs and stretching, and he does calves first, than hamstring and so on. It’s some what legit this workout plan compare to Kai’s actual routine.
Indian people luv u alot kai .
you are my real inspiration .
One tHing that i never forget in my lifetime . Is workhard is a key to success and like you said thoughts become things . Brother my dream is to meet you once in my lifetime .
Luv u kai