|Brooke Lynn Hytes Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1986|
Brooke Lynn Hytes is a Canadian drag queen, actress, reality-TV star, and ballet dancer, best known as the 1st ever Canadian contestant on the 11th season of the reality-TV show, RuPaul‘s Drag Race (2019) where she finished as a runner up to Yvie Oddly. On September 29, 2019, Brooke was announced as a full-time judge for the Canadian TV show spin-off, titled Drag Race Canada.
Brooke Lynn Hytes
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Between 2001 and 2006, she studied ballet at the National Ballet School of Canada in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Drag Queen, Ballet Dancer, Actress, Reality-TV Star
- Father – Alan Hayhoe (Guidance Counselor)
- Mother – Joan Hayhoe
- Siblings – She has 2 older sisters.
Brooke Lynn Hytes is represented by –
- P1M (Talent Agent) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Moniker Management (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brooke Lynn Hytes has dated –
- Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (2019) – She had an on-show romance with Vanessa during RuPaul’s Drag Race (2019). It was also the 1st ever show romance or “showmance” in the show’s history. They dated for 4 months after the show ended in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish and French-Canadian descent.
She often tends to wear blonde, black or green-colored wigs.
- Fuller lips
- Towering height
- Slim nose
Brooke Lynn Hytes has endorsed brands such as –
- Bud Light
- MAC Cosmetics
Brooke Lynn Hytes Favorite Things
- Contestant On RuPaul’s Drag Race – Roxxxy Andrews
- Song To Lip-Sync To – Partition by Beyonce
- Singers To Lip-Sync To – Annie Lennox, Celine Dion, Cher
Brooke Lynn Hytes Facts
- She came out as gay at the age of 18. One of her older sisters is also gay.
- Her mom was devastated after she came out as gay because she was raised with Evangelistic beliefs which she later called “a cult.” It took about 10 years for her to fully accept the fact.
- After she graduated from the National Ballet School of Canada at the age of 20, she performed with the Cape Town City Ballet group in South Africa.
- Brooke joined Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo drag ballet troupe after she moved from South Africa to New York City, New York, United States.
- She was the winner of the 2014 Miss Continental pageant, which was the largest female-impersonator pageant in the United States. In 2013, she was the 1st runner up to Naysha Lopez, who competed in the 8th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- She made her film debut as Drag Queen 2 in the drama Seek (2014).
- On a few occasions, she called a fellow drag queen, Detox Icunt, her “twin.” Detox competed on the 5th season of the RuPaul’s Drag Race and placed 4th.
- Brooke lived in Nashville, Tennessee, United States before auditioning and getting accepted on RuPaul’s Drag Race. She performed 3 nights a week at a local Play Dance Bar.
- Her drag sister is Heaven Lee Hytes, and her drag mother is Farra N. Hyte.
- Her drag name is a play on “Brooklyn Heights” and was given to her by her drag mother. It was also a play on her real name, her towering height, and Farra’s last name.
- Brooke was never placed “safe” during the entire 11th season of the TV show.
- After winning 2nd place on RuPaul’s Drag Race, she became the only contestant to be eliminated 14th. The 11th season was the only one that featured 15 drag queens in competition.
- Brooke was the 2nd contestant that managed to win the 1st main challenge and place last in the 2nd challenge. The 1st contestant was Kim Chi, who achieved this in the 8th season of the show.
- A well-known entrance quote of hers is “Never fear, the queen of the North is here!”
- Brooke was called “fishy” which meant she looked extremely feminine in drag. In addition, a part of the drag queen fanbase also called her “thirst trap” thus deeming her very attractive in both female and male form.
- She was the winner of the 2019 E! People’s Choice Award for “The Most Hype Worthy Canadian.”
Featured Image by Brooke Lynn Hytes / Instagram