|Bruno Tonioli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1955|
Bruno Tonioli is an Italian choreographer, ballroom dancer, Latin dancer, and TV personality who is distinguished as a judge on the dance show Strictly Come Dancing and its American adaptation Dancing with the Stars. He is also noted for the co-creation of the dance reality shows DanceX and the American adaptation titled Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann. With time, he has amassed a huge fan base with more than 350k followers on Instagram and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
He divides his time between the United Kingdom and West Hollywood, California.
Choreographer, Ballroom Dancer, Latin Dancer, TV Personality
- Father – Werther Tonioli (Bus Driver)
- Mother – Fulvia Tonioli (Seamstress)
Bruno is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
Bruno’s net worth had been $16 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tonioli has dated –
- Jason Schanne (2012-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Italian ancestry.
- Lean physique
- Thin lips
- Exuberant comments and critiques
Bruno has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
Bruno Tonioli Facts
- He grew up in Ferrara, Italy.
- It was his parents’ dream to see their son work at a bank or become an account. However, even as a child, he wanted to enter the show biz.
- He was 18 years old when he left his home in pursuit of becoming a professional dancer. Tonioli relocated to Paris and joined a dance troupe there.
- His father worked as a bus driver and also painted cars while his mother was a seamstress for car upholstery.
- Growing up, he faced a lot of bullying due to his sexual orientation.
- As a child, Tonioli enjoyed watching musicals and looking at art.
- He was a favorite amongst the ladies because of his impressive dance moves. However, that meant that he had many enemies as well.
- In an interview, he once stated that he was chased down by a group of boys who held a broken bottle to him while they pinned him against the wall. Luckily, he managed to escape.
- In 1983, Bruno was featured in legendary singer and songwriter Elton John’s music video for I’m Still Standing.
- Tonioli has choreographed dance sessions for distinguished singers and songwriters such as Elton John, Duran Duran, The Rolling Stones, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner, and Paul McCartney.
- Bruno choreographed the films Ella Enchanted, The Gathering Storm, and What a Girl Wants.
- As of January 2020, e has an estimated earning of £200,000 to £249,000 as a contributor to the BBC.
- Bruno was nominated for an Emmy award in 2006 and again in 2007.
- He is a multilingual person who can speak fluently in English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian.
- It was his witty personality that helped the American adaption titled Dancing with the Stars rise up to be one of the top shows of ABC.
- Bruno is close friends with choreographer Arlene Phillips.
Featured Image By Bruno Tonioli / Instagram