|Bubba Sparxxx Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1977|
Bubba Sparxxx is an American rapper known for releasing popular singles like Lovely, The Otherside, Jimmy Mathis, Beatin Down the Block, Made On McCosh Mill Rd., and Splinter. He has also released numerous studio albums like The Charm and Rapper From the Country. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Warren Anderson Mathis
La Grange, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
In 1996, Bubba moved to Athens, Georgia, United States.
After 2007, he moved to Tampa, Florida, United States.
Bubba attended and graduated from Troup County High School.
- Father – Jimmy Matthis (School Bus Driver)
- Mother – June Matthis (Grocery Store Cashier)
Bubba is represented by the New York-based talent agency called Media Artists Group.
Hip hop, Country Rap
- New South Entertainment
- Interscope Records
- Virgin Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bubba Sparxxx has dated –
- Katherine Connors (2013-Present) – American model Katherine Connors and Bubba started dating in 2013. Two years later in March 2015, they got engaged. Katherine has been Miss Iowa in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Tattoos on both the forearms and stomach
Best Known For
His hit singles like Deliverance, Ugly, and Ms. New Booty
He released his first album titled Dark Days, Bright Nights in September 2001.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on Saturday Night Live in 2001.
Bubba was overweight and weighed 290 lbs. Then in 2016, he lost a fair amount of weight with the help of his friend whom he fondly calls Joey the Super Trainer. He used to do weightlifting about 3 to 4 times a week. He also focused on separate muscle groups on separate days. Monday was for leg workouts, Tuesday was for shoulders, back on Wednesday, chest workouts were on Thursday, and arms on Friday.
Bubba Sparxxx Facts
- Bubba’s closest neighbor who lived half a mile away, introduced him to rap music with mixtapes mailed from New York City
- The first rap song he ever heard was the music of 2 Live Crew. Shortly after that, he started listening to West Coast gangsta rap such as N.W.A and Too Short and the Atlanta duo Outkast.
- In his senior year at school, he earned all his credits by being a tight end linebacker for his highschool’s football team. At the same time, he developed rapping as a hobby.
- Steve Herndon, a former offensive lineman for the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos played football with him in high school.
- A veteran from the music industry, Bobby Stamps noticed him rapping after a University of Georgia football game and introduced him to producer Shannon Houchins. Both of them later came together to produce Bubba’s first album.
- Bubba’s mentor is Timbaland. He met Timbaland when he was signed with Interscope Records.
- After working with Virgin Records, he introduced his own label called New South Entertainment.
- In a video game called Def Jam: Fight for NY, Bubba Sparxxx is a playable character.
- He believes that there is not much difference between city and village life as both have poverty, drugs, hunger, and relatives in jail.
- He claims that he is not a jewelry person as he belongs to the working class and doesn’t like rubbing his success in other people’s faces.
Featured Image by Bubba Sparxxx / Instagram