|Bulbul Saha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bulbul Saha is an Indian teacher who teaches English to 11th and 12th-grade students at St. Paul’s Mission School, an Anglo-Indian Christian missionary school in Kolkata. She also, occasionally, takes history classes there. She came into the limelight in April 2022 when it was revealed in the media that she was engaged to get married to former international cricketer Arun Lal, 28 years her senior.
West Bengal, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Siblings – Pali Saha (Sister) (Works at Lake Town Govt. Sponsored Girls’ High School in Sreebhumi, Kolkata)
- Others – Jagdish Lal (Father-in-Law) (Former Cricketer) (d. March 1997), Dhir Muni Lal (Uncle-in-Law) (Former Diplomat, Former Cricketer, Former Editor of Crickinia, a former Indian Annual Cricket Magazine, Former Indian High Commissioner to the West Indies, Former Indian Ambassador to Somalia) (d. January 1990), Akash Lal (Cousin-in-Law) (Former Cricketer, Cricket Administrator, Cricket Commentator, Former Selector for the Indian National Cricket Team)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bulbul has dated –
- Arun Lal – Bulbul got engaged to cricket coach, commentator, analyst, and former professional cricketer Arun Lal, 28 years her senior, in April 2022. The couple got married on May 2, 2022, in a private ceremony held at The Peerless Inn in Kolkata. They had first met at a mutual friend’s party and Arun had even taken his first wife’s consent to go ahead with this relationship and marriage. Before this, Arun was married for the longest time to Debjani aka Reena. They had parted ways with mutual consent but had continued to live together so that Arun could take care of her as she was battling a chronic illness. He and Bulbul had stated that they would continue to take care of his first wife.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvaceous figure
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Bulbul, in 2020, had been featured in a YouTube-based promotional campaign for EduGuy, an Indian artificial intelligence-driven online education platform, test provider, and competitive examination preparation assistant.
Bulbul Saha Facts
- Bulbul is a good friend of cricket administrator, coach, commentator, analyst, and former professional cricketer Sourav Ganguly who had captained the Indian senior national men’s team with distinction. Sourav had made his first-class debut in the final of the 1989–90 season of the Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in India), a match that had helped Bengal lift the Ranji Trophy for just the 2nd time in history. Her husband, Arun, was a key part of the Bengal squad at that time and this trophy was, arguably, the crowning moment of his domestic cricket career. Sourav is a close friend of Arun as well and he was present at Arun and Bulbul’s wedding reception.
- She is a keen traveler and often posts pictures, on social media, of her escapades around the world which include her expeditions in cities like Varanasi, London, and Mysore.
- An accomplished cook, she had participated in the 2019 ‘Teacher Chef Competition’ organized by IIHM (International Institute of Hotel Management), a hospitality and hotel management school.
- A pet lover, she owns multiple dogs.
Featured Image by Bulbul Saha / Instagram