|Caitlin Blackwood Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 2000|
Caitlin Blackwood is a British actress who shot to fame playing the role of the young Amelia Pond in several episodes such as The Eleventh Hour (2010) and The God Complex (2011) of the BBC One TV show Doctor Who.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
She attended St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Inverness, Scotland. She then went to the Italia Conti Academy in London after finishing her GCSEs. After that, she enrolled in a college based in Edinburgh with acting as her subject.
- Mother – Linda Blackwood
- Others – Karen Gillan (Older Cousin) (Actress, Filmmaker)
She is represented by Hunwick Hughes.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Petite stature
Caitlin Blackwood Favorite Things
- Snack – Fish fingers and custard
- Destination – America
- Pastime – Spending time with her family and friends in her home in the Highlands of Scotland
- Passion – Social service for her local community, Serving as a member of the Air Cadets
Source – CaitlinBlackwood.com, YouTube
Caitlin Blackwood Facts
- She moved with her family to Inverness in Scotland at the age of 6 and settled there permanently.
- She is the cousin of Karen Gillan who has played the adult Amy Pond.
- Caitlin and Karen met for the first time on set.
- She got the role of the young Amy Pond mainly because of her physical similarity with her cousin. It has not been a surprise that she grew up also to closely resemble her.
- It was Karen who convinced producers to cast Caitlin as the younger version of herself. However, Caitlin had to go through rigorous auditions.
- When she came to know that she had landed the role of Amelia Pond, she got extremely excited and kept pinching herself to see if she was dreaming.
- She made history when she was cast in Amelia’s role as that was the first companion on the show to be introduced as a child to both the audience as well as the Doctor played by Matt Smith. She was only 9 years old at the time of filming.
- The headteacher Christine Cameron of her school, St Joseph’s, had affirmed that the whole school had been delighted and proud of their new star pupil. She had also stated that Caitlin had been a quiet and modest child, very talented but never boastful of her achievements.
- The weirdest gifts she has received from fans have been pictures of fish fingers and custard. She has sometimes got startled to be greeted by fans dressed up as the character Amelia Pond that she has played on screen as it has seemed to her that she is meeting herself and it has been a very strange feeling for her.
Featured Image by Luigi Novi / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0