|Camilla Luddington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1983|
Camilla Luddington is a British actress, voice artist, director, and writer who is known for playing the role of Dr. Jo Wilson in the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy. She has also been cast in several other television roles such as playing Lizzie in the comedy-drama series Californication, Claudette in the fantasy horror drama series True Blood, Tiffany in the soap opera Days of Our Lives, and Claire in the procedural forensics crime drama series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In addition to that, her film credits include Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, Justice League Dark, The Pact 2, The Filming of Shakey Willis, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, The Healer, Accidentally in Love, and Behaving Badly.
Camilla Anne Luddington
Ascot, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Camilla first started working on her craft at the Italia Conti School of Dramatic Arts when she was merely 11 years old.
She graduated from The American School in England (TASIS) in Thorpe, Surrey, South West London in July 2002.
Her father’s job led her to live and study in Austin, Texas for a year when she was 14.
After her schooling, she enrolled at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania, USA but regretted her decision. Within six months, she dropped out and registered herself for the one-year acting program at the New York Film Academy.
Actress, Voice-Over Artist, Director, Writer
- Father – Martin Luddington
- Mother – Mary Luddington (Expired in March 2003)
- Siblings – Daniel (Older Brother, Director of Development at Small Luxury Hotels of the World), Amy (Younger Sister, Communications Consultant in Oracle, UK), Joe (Younger Brother)
- Others – Daisy Luddington (Niece)
Camilla Luddington has been signed with –
- Michael Bruno Management
- Progressive Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camilla has dated –
- Matthew Alan (2015–Present) – Camilla keeps her love life private and she announced her relationship with long-time actor boyfriend, Matt Alan in 2016. In October 2016, Camilla announced via a picture on Instagram that she was expecting a baby to arrive by spring 2017. Their daughter Hayden was born in April 2017. On January 17, 2018, Camilla announced their engagement and they got married on August 17, 2019. On August 25, 2020, they welcomed their 2nd child – a son named Lucas Matthew Alan.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry.
Dark Blonde nearly Brown
But, she frequently switches hair color.
- Deep set, hazel eyes
- Sharp nose
- Mole on the right cheek, adjoining her lips
33-26-34 in or 84-66-86 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
In 2017, she was featured in a Mercedes-Benz GLE TV commercial.
Best Known For
- Playing Catherine “Kate” Middleton in an American TV movie, William and Kate: The Movie (2011) produced by Lifetime TV Network which was aired 11 days before the royal wedding
- Playing the character of Dr. Josephine “Jo” Wilson on ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy
Camilla was featured as receptionist #2 in A Couple of White Chicks at the Hairdresser (2007).
Her first prominent character role as June Abbott was in the horror mystery thriller, The Pact II (2014).
First TV Show
One episode appearance as Jane Doe / Emma Clark in the crime drama, The Forgotten aired in 2010.
- Camilla reveals that she has a tendency to gain weight. She particularly had a hard time losing weight after finishing high school. Keeping the demands of her profession in mind, she does not go a day without doing some exercise as much as she despises it.
- She considers running to be a major stress-buster and swears it helps her sleep better at night.
- She purchased a treadmill so it is easier for her to squeeze in a daily run despite a busy schedule even when she is filming for 14-16 hours a day.
- Since progression in fitness requires some form of change, Camilla also enjoys training to workout DVDs. She particularly follows the Insanity series, P90X2, or something similar when she is looking for a challenging workout and can’t make her occasional trips to the gym.
- During her pregnancy, she did Pilates.
- Camilla was influenced by the diet book, Skinny Bitch (published in 2005) and went vegan for a brief period after reading it.
- She also minimizes the consumption of dairy which she claims helps her maintain flawless skin.
- A low-carbohydrate diet helps Camilla maintain her weight as well as energy levels throughout the day. Her sample daily meal plan goes as follows:
- The first thing she consumes after waking up – A big cup of coffee with creamer.
- Breakfast – Eggs Florentine
- Brunch (During Off days) – Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Eggs or Scrambled Tofu with vegetables
- Lunch – Spinach Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
- Dinner – Usually comprises of Chicken, Spinach, and Sweet Potato
- Every time Camilla enjoys an indulgent day out with friends or family, she follows it up with a cold-pressed juice cleanse the next day.
Camilla Luddington Favorite Things
- Place – London, England
- Exercise – SoulCycle, Running
- Dessert – Cheesecake
- Meal – Seafood Linguini
- Drink – Absolut martini with bleu cheese olives
- Holiday Dish – Mince Pies
- Smoothie Ingredients – Berries, Peanut Butter, Coconut Butter, Flaxseeds, Chocolate Protein Powder
- Kitchen Appliance – Ninja Professional Blender
- Make–Up Item – Mascara
- Skin–Care Item – Exfoliator
- Moisturizer – Lacto cream from Ruth’s Skin Care on Melrose Avenue, LA
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Horror Movies and The Bachelor
- Horror Movie – Halloween (1978)
- British TV Shows – The Office (2005-2013), Derek (2012-2014), The Inbetweeners (2008-2010)
- Shonda Rhimes created character – Olivia Pope in Scandal
- Household Chore – Folding clothes right out of the dryer because they smell great.
- Shoes – Her nude and gold Manolo Blahniks
Source – The New Potato, Shape, TheReelSpin.com, Good Housekeeping, NYFA.edu, Hollywood Reporter
Camilla Luddington Facts
- Growing up, Camilla was a tomboy who loved climbing trees with her older brother and together, they were obsessed with WWE.
- She won a talent show at the age of 4 and gained the representation of a talent agent at 11.
- Camilla took up a job as a waitress in the U.S. till she earned a break in Hollywood.
- She decided she wanted to become an actress at the age of 5 after watching the movie The Wizard of Oz (1939). She was fascinated by Judy Garland’s character.
- She loves painting and has 5 oil paintings put up on display in her home.
- Camilla used to play a game called netball while growing up in the position of center attack.
- Her father is her harshest critic who often makes her rehearse her Grey’s Anatomy scenes with him and even used to criticize her work as a waitress when she was struggling for a break.
- Camilla admitted that she was never good at waiting tables, but her worst memory as a waitress was when she had to attend to a director who had rejected her for a role just a day before and was accompanying the new lead of the show who beat her.
- She has done voiceover work for many video games – the character of Lara Croft in Tomb Raider (2013), Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015), and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018) and Supergirl in Infinite Crisis (2015). For her work in Shadow of the Tomb Raider (2018), she won the Gamers’ Choice Award for “Fan Favorite Female Voice Actor”.
- Camilla and all her siblings are massive dog lovers. She owns a terrier mix named Gus and also rescued a pup from an animal shelter and named it Sully.
- There are real doctors on the sets of Grey’s Anatomy and Camilla often bombarded them with a range of queries while she was expecting her first child.
- She repeatedly played Beyoncé’s songs for her child’s benefit while she was still inside her.
- While filming the 87-minute TV movie William and Kate (2011), Camilla had 72 different dresses to wear, all of which were replicas of Kate Middleton’s dresses.
- Along with Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kaitlyn Bernard, Jorge Garcia, and Jonathan Pryce, she co-starred as Cecilia in the 2016 Spanish-Canadian-American comedy-drama film The Healer.
- She voiced the character of Zatanna Zatara in the 2017 adult animated science fantasy superhero film Justice League Dark. She also reprised her role in the film’s 2020 sequel Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.
- She provided vocals to the character of Nadia, Agent Marshall in an episode titled Garfield Stockman in: A Voice Like Wet Ham of the adult animated stop-motion sketch comedy television series in 2019.