|Candace Owens Quick Info
|5 ft 6.5
|Date of Birth
|April 29, 1989
Candace Owens is an American conservative commentator and political activist who is better known for her pro-Trump activism.
Candace Amber Owens Farmer
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She graduated from Stamford High School. She was in pursuits of an undergraduate degree in Journalism at the University of Rhode Island but left after her junior year.
Conservative Commentator, Political Activist
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Candace Owens has dated –
- George Farmer (2019-Present) – Candace Owens and George Farmer got engaged in early 2019. On September 1, 2019, she confirmed her marriage on social media, announcing that she and Farmer had officially tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
Candace Owens Facts
- In 2007, she received threatening racist phone calls that were traced to a car where a 14-year-old son of former Mayor Dannel Malloy was present. At the time, her family sued the Stamford Board Education with claims that the city did not protect her rights. The case ended with a $37,500 settlement.
- In 2012, she worked as an administrative assistant for a private equity firm.
- She was the CEO of Degree180 in 2015. It is a marketing agency that offers consultation, production, and planning services.
- In 2016, she launched SocialAutopsy.com and claimed that it would expose bullies on the Internet by tracking their digital footprint. Owens used crowdfunding on Kickstarter for the website. Following its launching, it was quick to make the rounds and became controversial, drawing criticisms that she was de-anonymizing Internet users and violating their privacy. She experienced a backlash with people blaming her and posting her private details online. The crowdfunding was suspended and the website was never created.
- In 2017, she became known in conservative circles for her pro-Trump commentary and for throwing criticisms against liberal rhetoric regarding structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics. Around the same time, she started posting politically themed videos on YouTube and launched Red Pill Black, a website and YouTube channel promoting black conservatism in the United States.
- On November 21, 2017, Turning Point USA founder, Charlie Kirk announced her appointment as the organization’s director of urban engagement. In May 2019, Owens announced her departure from the organization.
- She has appeared on fringe conspiracy websites like InfoWars.
- In 2018, she was a guest host on Fox News.
- Following her mainstream success, she decided to distance herself from the far-right conspiracy websites.
- In October 2018, she launched the Blexit movement, a campaign made to encourage African-Americans to abandon the Democratic Party and register as Republicans.
- Though she once stated that she had no interest in politics, she was previously identified as liberal.
- She started to describe herself as a conservative Trump supporter in 2017. From there, she has characterized Trump as the “savior” of Western civilization.
- She’s a known critic of Black Lives Matter.
- Owens strongly opposes abortion and has identified it as a tool for the “extermination of black babies”.
- Owens is a critic of feminism.
- She supports same-sex marriage.
- She is a registered National Rifle Association (NRA) member. Owens has stated that the NRA was founded as a civil rights organization that trained African-Americans to arm themselves.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0