|Caroline Wozniacki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1990|
Caroline Wozniacki is a retired Danish tennis player who became the first woman from a Scandinavian country to hold the top-ranking position in October 2010. She then continued her stint and was the year-end No. 1 in both 2010 and 2011, held the top ranking for a combined total of 71 weeks, and won more than $35 million in prize money. She won the 2006 Wimbledon girls’ singles title and was voted the WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2008. Wozniacki won 30 WTA singles titles (including six in both 2010 and 2011, the most in a year by a WTA player from 2008-2011) and two doubles titles. Some of her other major career highlights include winning three Premier Mandatory and three Premier 5 titles, reaching four Grand Slam semifinals (2011 Australian Open and 2010, 2011, and 2016 US Opens), three Grand Slam quarterfinals (the 2012 Australian Open and the 2010 and 2017 French Opens), and the quarterfinals at the 2012 London Olympics. She announced on December 6, 2019, that she would retire from professional tennis following the 2020 Australian Open and then retired on January 24, 2020.
Wozniacki, Little Miss Sunshine
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Fisher Island, United States
- Odense, Denmark
- New York, United States
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
July 18, 2005
- Father – Piotr Wozniacki (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Anna Wozniacka (Former Professional Volleyball Player who played for the Polish National Volleyball Team)
- Siblings – Patrik Wozniacki (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
- Others – Kazimiera (Maternal Grandmother)
Caroline has been signed with –
- Lagardere Sports and Entertainment
- Women’s Tennis Association, Association, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $50 Million in 2021.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Caroline Wozniacki has dated –
- Rory McIlroy (2011-2014) – In the period from 2011 until 2014, Caroline was in a relationship with Northern Irish professional golfer Rory McIlroy. In January 2014, Wozniacki announced that they engaged, but eventually on May 21, 2014, Rory broke off their engagement coming up with his own statement about the situation – “The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasn’t ready for all that marriage entails. I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and I thank her for the great times we’ve had.”
- Feliciano Lopez (2014) – Feliciano Lopez was RUMORed for having an encounter with Caroline Wozniacki in 2014.
- J. J. Watt (2015) – In 2015, Caroline had a fling with American NFL player J. J. Watt.
- David Lee (2017-Present) – On February 14, 2017, Caroline confirmed her relationship with former NBA basketball player David Lee. They got engaged on November 2, 2017, and tied the knot on June 16, 2019, in Tuscany. In February 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed a baby girl named Olivia Wozniacki Lee on June 11, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Caroline has Polish ancestry.
Blue eyes and blonde hair
37-26-36 in or 94-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
Wozniacki has been endorsed by Adidas, Compeed, Rolex, Danske Invest, Oriflame, Proactiv, Sony Ericsson, Babolat, and e-Boks.
On December 20, 2010, Caroline reached an agreement with Turkish Airlines to endorse their business class service.
In 2012, she signed a deal with Compeed Blister Patch and in 2015 with Godiva Chocolatier.
Caroline is Polish Catholic.
Best Known For
Being ranked as no.1 female tennis player in the world on October 11, 2010.
Caroline is also known for being a two-time finalist at US Open (2009 and 2014). According to the American business magazine Forbes, in 2011, Caroline was ranked second on the list of highest-earning female athletes in the world.
First TV Show
Caroline’s first TV appearance was in the TV series DR2 Premiere in 2008 as herself. She showed up in episode #9 of season 1.
As an actress, she was first seen in the comedy-drama series Ballers as himself in an episode entitled “Enter the Temple”.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check Caroline’s recent titles on WTA Tennis.
Caroline has switched between numerous coaches during the course of her career.
She first began working with her father Piotr Wozniacki in 2004 with whom she managed to improve her game and reached the top 10 on the WTA list in 2009.
In 2009, Wozniacki hired Sven Groeneveld but decided to split only a year after in 2010. Since then, Caroline has been coached by –
- Ricardo Sanchez (2011)
- Thomas Johansson (2012)
- Thomas Hogstedt (2013 – 2014)
- Michael Mortensen (2014)
- Arantxa Sanchez Vicario (2015) (Coach consultant)
- David Kotyza
Caroline Wozniacki Favorite Things
- Food – Her mom’s chicken curry
- Actor – Brad Pitt
- Player Growing Up – Martina Hingis
- City – New York
- Favorite Thing to do while relaxing – Spend time with friends and family, watch movies and read books.
- Surface – Hardcourts
- Restaurant in New York – Mr. Chow’s and Buddha Bar, Del Frisco’s steakhouse
- Movie – The Hangover (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Book – Harry Potter and Twilight series
- Sport – Soccer
Source – WTA Tennis, ESPN
Caroline Wozniacki Facts
- Her parents are Polish immigrants who shifted to Denmark when her father Piotr signed a contract with the Danish soccer team named Boldklubben 1909.
- In June 2011, UK-based media company SportsPro ranked Wozniacki as the world’s ninth most marketable athlete.
- Over the course of her career, Wozniacki’s biggest rivals were American superstar Serena Williams, Polish Agnieszka Radwanska, and Russian Maria Sharapova.
- On November 2, 2014, Caroline debuted in her first-ever official marathon. She ran the New York City Marathon and finished with a time of 3 hrs 26 minutes and 33 seconds.
- She was featured in the 2015 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- Caroline is best friends with the Danish tennis player Malou Ejdesgaard. They both competed in doubles as partners for several tournaments. She is also good friends with Serena Williams.
- Wozniacki is fluent in Danish, English, and Polish languages.
- Wozniacki once stated that if she was a guy, she would have played soccer.
- Caroline supports the English Premier League team, Liverpool. At the 2011 Qatar Ladies Open, she wore a shirt signed by the famous English player and former captain of Liverpool Steven Gerrard.
- Besides tennis, she likes handball, soccer, swimming, playing the piano and all kinds of different stuff.
- She has a dog named Bruno.
- Caroline is the winner of the 2014 US Open Sportsmanship Award.
Caroline Wozniacki you sound perfect for me, lol! Although my tennis days are behind me I would love to play Pickleball with you. Just let me know when you’re ready and I’ll bring my collection of PB paddles. Take your pick, Cheers! Oh and G’luck at the French!