Martina Hingisová Molitor
The Swiss Miss
Košice, Czechoslovakia (now in Slovakia)
Her educational background is not known.
Professional tennis player
- Father – Karol Hingis (Accomplished Tennis Player)
- Mother – Melanie Molitorová (Accomplished Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Andreas Zogg (Stepfather) (Computer Technician)
Right-handed (Two-handed backhand)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Martina Hingis dated –
- Sergio Garcia – Spanish golfer, Sergio Garcia and Martina were romantically linked to each other in the past.
- Jacques Villeneuve – She had fling with Canadian auto racing driver, Jacques Villeneuve in the past.
- Magnus Norman (2000) – Retired Swedish professional tennis player, Magnus Norman and Martina were an item in 2000.
- Julián Alonso – She also dated retired Spanish tennis player, Julián Alonso.
- Ivo Heuberger – Martina has previously dated a retired Swiss tennis player, Ivo Heuberger.
- Sol Campbell (2005-2006) – For couple of months, from 2005 to 2006, she dated former England international footballer, Sol Campbell.
- Radek Stepanek (2006-2007) – In December 2006, Martina engaged Czech Republic professional tennis player, Radek Stepanek. But, the engagement was called off in August 2007.
- Alexander Onischenko (2007) – Briefly in October 2007, she dated 10 years her senior, Alexander Onischenko, an Ukrainian personality.
- Andreas Bieri (2010) – From March 2010 to August 2010, Andreas Bieri and Martina dated each other. They were also engaged during this time.
- Thibault Hutin (2010-2013) – In April 2010, she started dating French equestrian show jumper, Thibault Hutin. On December 10, 2010, the couple married each other. They split in early 2013 which was revealed later in July 2013 in an interview with Swiss newspaper.
- David Tosas Ros (2013-Present) – She started dating Spanish person, David Tosas Ros in May 2013. Martina is signed with Octagon (management company) and David works in the Barcelona branch of the same company. The relationship is still going strong.
Race / Ethnicity
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has endorsed Asian Direct Selling Company, QNET.
Martina was the spokesperson of Sergio Tacchini, a sportswear company.
From 1999 to 2008, she was sponsored by Adidas. Then, Yonex started sponsoring her for shoes and racquets.
In 2001, she appeared in American Express credit card print ads.
Best Known For
Playing tennis internationally and achieving world ranking #1 both singles and doubles format.
As per WTA, she again achieved her world ranking #1 in doubles on January 18, 2016 after March 2000.
First Tennis Match
Martina played her first ever professional tennis match in October 1994. She finished that year in the #87 ranking.
She first appeared in a short sports movie Martina II as herself in 1997.
In 2005, she again appeared in a sports movie Record Breakers as herself.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Martina won her singles Grand Slam titles for the first time in the years –
- Australian Open – 1997
- French Open – None
- Wimbledon – 1997
- US Open – 1997
She eats healthily and does horse riding a lot to stay fit. Eating in moderation is her key to stay fit. She eats almost everything like fish, pasta, veggies, meat, salads, steak, etc. She also loves Japanese food. Martina eats red meat once or twice a week.
Chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice-cream is one of her favorite desserts, but she eats it occasionally. Hingis made a rule not to eat carbs after 2PM.
She also enjoys drinking a glass of champagne daily apart from chocolate.
To relax herself, she ops to have massages and physiotherapy.
Jogging on the beach or forest gives her best ideas. So, she regularly goes for a fast walk or a jog.
Martina Hingis Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
- Place to Compete in Tennis – Australia
- Hotel – Burj Al Arab in Dubai
- Airlines – Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Emirates
Martina Hingis Facts
- Martina was born in Czechoslovakia, but she plays tennis representing Switzerland.
- The highest ranking (both in singles and doubles) she has ever achieved is #1.
- Martina was elected into the “International Tennis Hall of Fame” in 2013. In 2015, she was chosen as the first ever Global Ambassador for the organization.
- When Martina was 6, her parents divorced. Due to this, she relocated to Trübbach, Switzerland from Czechoslovakia at the age of 7 with her mom.
- At 2, she started playing tennis.
- At the age of 4, she was seen participating in her first ever tennis tournament.
- When she won the Grand Slam junior title at the age of 12 (in 1993), she became the youngest player to win such a title.
- She became a Swiss citizen after her mom married a Swiss man. This was her mom’s second marriage.
- She is able to speak five languages – Czech, English, French, Swiss German, and Standard German.
- She took hiatus from world tennis from 2002 to 2005, and then 2007 to 2013.
- At 11, Hingis started horse riding. She also loves doing skiing and can’t live without it.
- She is an active traveler, but not good at waiting.
- Join Martina on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+.