|Carré Otis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1968|
Carré Otis is an American model, actress, author, and activist who is known for working with several designers and brands such as Anna Molinari, Max Mara, Versus, Todd Oldham, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Donna Karan, Ermanno Scervino, and Gucci. She started modeling when she was around 16 years old and soon gained popularity as she appeared on the cover of Elle France in April 1986. During her career as a model, Carré Otis appeared on the covers of several magazines and was also featured in a number of editorials which included the likes of Vanity Fair Italia, Vogue Italia, Interview Magazine, Flaunt, Prestige International Magazine, Gloria Magazine, A Book Of, Vogue Australia, Vogue Hommes International, Cosmopolitan USA, Allure, Elle UK, Marie Claire Germany, Elle USA, Harper’s Bazaar USA, Vogue Paris, and Elle Australia. Carré Otis has also revealed in her later interviews that how modeling had some adverse effect on her health as she was constantly reminded of her body weight and, hence, tried to eat as less as possible to maintain a thin physique. However, she later decided to regain her health and eventually started modeling as a plus-size model and has also served as an ambassador for the National Eating Disorders Association and as a spokesperson for National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. Carré Otis has also been a part of several shows and movies such as Tracey Takes On…, Going Back, E! True Hollywood Story, Anderson Live, Wild Orchid, and Piers Morgan Tonight and has also garnered quite a social media fanbase with more than 20k followers on Instagram.
Carré Brennan Otis
San Francisco, California, United States
Boulder, Boulder County, Colorado, United States
Carré Otis studied at Marin Academy, a private college preparatory high school, located in San Rafael, Marin County, California. Then, she attended John Woolman School (JWS) which is a private boarding Quaker high school located in Nevada City, California, United States.
Model, Actress, Author, Activist
- Father – James Morrow Otis (b. 1940) (An Attorney)
- Mother – Carol Otis née Dimit (b. 1942) (A Professional Fund-Raiser)
- Siblings – Christine “Chrissie” K. Otis (b. 1967) (Older Sister) (Modeling Agent), Jordan Otis (Younger Brother) (Assistant Director)
- Others – Annette (née Cameron) (Ex Mother-In-Law, Mickey Rourke’s Mother), Philip Andre Rourke (Ex Father-In-Law, Mickey Rourke’s Father) (Amateur Body Builder), Joey Rourke (Ex Brother-In-Law, Mickey Rourke’s Brother) (Actor)
Carré Otis is represented by –
- Storm Models – London
- D’Management Group – Milan
- Iconicfocus Models – New York
- Look Models International – Vienna
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carré Otis has dated –
- Mickey Rourke (1990-1998) – Carré Otis started going out with actor, screenwriter, and former boxer, Mickey Rourke, in 1990. They have both co-starred in films such as Wild Orchid and Exit in Red. After dating for a while, the couple decided to make it official and tied the knot in June 1992. However, their marriage went through several ups and downs during its course and Otis has also revealed in her autobiography that Rourke was an abusive husband and there were several incidents of domestic violence, including Mickey Rourke holding a gun to her head on one occasion. He was also arrested in 1994, just around 2 years after their marriage, on grounds of spousal abuse. However, the charges were later dropped as the couple decided to reconcile. Once, Otis also got accidentally shot with one of Rourke’s guns. After a long term of relationship, which included separation and reconciliation, they finally ended their relationship and parted ways in December 1998.
- Matthew Sutton (2005-Present) – Carré Otis met Matthew Sutton, an environmental scientist, while hiking in May 2005. Soon after, in December 2005, the duo got married and shares a loving bond. They were blessed with their first child, a daughter named Jade Yeshe Sutton, on November 11, 2006. Later, on June 7, 2008, the couple welcomed their 2nd daughter named Kaya Elizabeth Drolma Sutton. Carré Otis often shares pictures with her daughters and husband on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and pepper
- Her 5 tattoos – a rose and a Japanese peace sign on her right ankle, a Tibetan symbol on her left ankle, an angel on her back, and a Native American Thunderbird on her wrist
- Wide smile
- High cheekbones
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Carré Otis has done endorsement work for a number of brands such as Marina Rinaldi, Anna Molinari, Blumarine, Calvin Klein Fragrance, Calvin Klein Jeans, Revlon, Guess by Marciano, S&M swimwear, Claire, Donna Karan Intimates, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Ralph Lauren, Rado watches, Roc Cosmetics, Pantene Pro-V, L’Oreal, Giorgio Armani, Easy Spirit sneakers, Palmers Lingerie, PETA, Bergdorf Goodman, Tracey Taylor, Lazarus, J.Crew, L’Altra Moda, and Salon Selectives.
Best Known For
- Having appeared on the cover of a number of magazines such as British Vogue, Elle France, Playboy USA, Cosmopolitan France, Woman Madame Figaro Spain, Vogue Germany, Marie Claire Spain, Prestige International Magazine, Harpers & Queen, Town & Country, Mirabella, Allure, Gloria Magazine, A Book Of, Marie Claire Germany, Elle Brazil, Harper’s Bazaar USA, Cosmopolitan USA, and SELF
- Having been featured in several editorials such as Vanity Fair Italia, Vogue Italia, Interview Magazine, Flaunt, Prestige International Magazine, Gloria Magazine, A Book Of, Vogue Australia, Vogue Hommes International, Cosmopolitan USA, Allure, Elle UK, Marie Claire Germany, Elle USA, Harper’s Bazaar USA, Vogue Paris, and Elle Australia
- Walking the ramp for several brands such as Anna Molinari, Max Mara, Versus, Todd Oldham, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Ermanno Scervino, and Gucci
First Fashion Show
Carré Otis made her fashion show debut by walking the ramp for the popular brand Versace in the Versace S/S 1995 Show.
Carré Otis made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Emily Reed in the romantic drama film, Wild Orchid, in 1989. She starred in the film alongside the likes of Mickey Rourke, Jacqueline Bisset, and Assumpta Serna.
First TV Show
Carré Otis made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the talk-show, The Word, in December 1994.
Carré Otis stays fit by working out on a regular basis and enjoys doing Pilates. As far as her diet is concerned, she eats a healthy and balanced diet.
Regarding her modeling days, Carré Otis has revealed that it was not all as good as it appeared on the camera because, in reality, most of the model diets are pure pain. She used to work out approximately for an hour or 2 daily on workdays (and twice on the day offs) while her diet mostly consisted of drinking around 5-6 cups of coffees to maintain her energy levels. Moreover, whenever she also used to get hungry, she would resort to smoking. All this had a rather adverse effect on her and her teeth also started yellowing due to the bad habits.
Carré Otis Facts
- She grew up alongside her siblings in Marin County, California, United States.
- Carré Otis started with her modeling pursuits when she was 16 years old after being discovered in San Francisco, California.
- During her initial modeling days, she was signed to Elite Model Management by John Casablancas.
- She appeared in the 1996 Pirelli calendar. The same year, Carré Otis was cast as Kate in the romantic thriller drama film, Exit in Red, in which she starred alongside the likes of Mickey Rourke, Annabel Schofield, and Anthony Michael Hall.
- She played the role of Elaine Johnston in the drama film, Simon Says, in 1998.
- In the year 2000, Carré Otis appeared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and became one of the oldest models to appear in the magazine’s issue.
- She has been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa which is an eating disorder characterized by low weight, food restriction, fear of gaining weight, and a strong desire to be thin. This can be attributed to her initial years as a model because the field used to demand a certain body type from its professionals although things have gradually changed for the better. As Carré Otis started to combat the disorder and gain weight, she started working as a plus-size model for the likes of Marina Rinaldi and also appeared in editorials for Mode Magazine.
- She became a spokesperson for National Eating Disorders Awareness Week in 2003.
- Carré Otis also worked for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) promoting vegetarianism and animal rights in 2003.
- She has served as a member on the advisory board of the Model Alliance and has also been an ambassador for the National Eating Disorders Association.
- During her modeling career, she developed 3 holes in her heart.
- Carré Otis co-authored the book, Beauty, Disrupted: A Memoir, along with author and speaker, Hugo Schwyzer, which was published in October 2011 by HarperCollins.
- The book, Beauty, Disrupted: A Memoir, also revealed that she was raped by agent Gérald Marie when she was around 17 years old and Gérald Marie was in a relationship with the famous model, Linda Evangelista.
- She has appeared in a variety of shows such as Tracey Takes On…, E! True Hollywood Story, Anderson Live, and Piers Morgan Tonight.
- Carré Otis struggles with dyslexia, a reading disorder.
- She once nearly died from a heroin overdose.
- Follow Carré Otis on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Carré Otis / Instagram