|Cassandra Peterson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1951|
Cassandra Peterson is an American actress, writer, and singer who is widely known for her portrayal of the cult icon Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, having starred as the horror hostess character in several films such as Elvira’s Haunted Hills (2001) and in numerous TV shows like the hosted horror movie television program Elvira’s Movie Macabre (1981–1986, 2010–11). She has performed in various other movies including All About Evil (2010) where she played the role of Linda and has appeared as the guest judge in a number of TV shows like Halloween Wars (2019). She is the recipient of numerous awards and honors such as the Vincent Price Award in 2018 at the Hollywood Horror Festival.
Elvira, The Mistress of the Dark
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Palmer High School in Colorado Springs in Colorado, graduating from there in 1969.
Actress, Writer, Singer
- Father – Dale Peterson (Allstate Insurance Representative)
She is represented by Queen “B” Productions.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Tom Jones – In a 2008 interview, she had disclosed that she had lost her v*rginity to Tom.
- Jimmy Page (1967)
- Elvis Presley (1969) – She had a brief relationship with Elvis Presley.
- Jimi Hendrix (1969) – She claimed in her interviews that she made out with Hendrix in 1969.
- Mark Pierson (1981-2003) – She tied the knot with musician Mark Pierson on July 4, 1981. They got divorced in 2003. They have a daughter named Sadie Pierson (b. October 12, 1994).
- Teresa “T” Wierson – In her 2021 memoir, Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark, she revealed that she was in a relationship with a woman named Teresa “T” Wierson. The couple first met at the Hollywood Gold’s Gym.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
- Prominent cheekbones
Cassandra Peterson Favorite Things
- Films – Plan 9 from Outer Space, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
Source – IMDb
Cassandra Peterson Facts
- When she was one and a half years old, she had an accident where she was scalded by boiling water that led to her requiring skin grafts to over 35% of her body and she had to spend 3 months in the hospital. She has recalled that she was made fun of at school over her scars and has jokingly added that her Elvira costume has shown only the unscathed parts. She has gone on to point out that everybody who grew up being bullied and did not fit in socially for some reason, has identified with Elvira who was teased mercilessly when she was a kid when she did not have many friends, with even her best friend being considered to be strange by the other children, which would make them just keep to themselves.
- Cassandra has revealed that from a young age, she used to find herself drawn to horror-themed toys, rather than the usual dolls that most girls of her age played with. That attraction to the theatrical, larger-than-life quality of horror may have been fueled by the fact that her mother used to run a costume shop, where young Cassandra often was her model and she enjoyed the fantasy element that came from dressing up in different costumes and as popular television characters of the time. She has disclosed that she always knew she would grow up and have a job that would require her to be in costume.
- Elvis Presley had given her career advice.
- In her memoir, Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark (2021), she accused former NBA player, Wilt Chamberlain of s*xual assault.
Featured Image by Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark / Instagram