|Cha Joo-young Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|June 5, 1990
Cha Joo-young is a South Korean actor who has appeared in various television shows such as My Unfortunate Boyfriend, Jugglers, Dr. Frost, Cheese in the Trap, The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop, Love in the Moonlight, Frozen Love, Wok of Love, The Spies Who Loved Me, Again My Life, The Glory, The Heavenly Idol, The Real Has Come!, and Alice, the Ultimate Weapon.
Seoul, South Korea
Cha Joo-young got enrolled at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah and studied Business Administration.
Cha Joo-young has been repped by Studio Santa Claus Entertainment (formerly known as Huayi Brothers Korea).
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Cha Joo-young is of Korean descent.
Cha Joo-young has done endorsement work for brands such as PHYT’S Korea.
Cha Joo-young Facts
- In 2015, she was seen as Nam Joo-yeon (a girl who is obsessed with Jung at the start of the series) in the romantic drama television series Cheese in the Trap. The show’s lead cast included Park Hae-jin, Kim Go-eun, Seo Kang-joon, and Lee Sung-kyung.
- Cha Joo-young played the role of Ma Bo-na in the 2017 workplace romantic comedy television series Jugglers, starring Baek Jin-hee, Choi Daniel, Kang Hye-jung, and Lee Won-keun. For this performance, Joo-young was nominated for KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actress”.
- She was seen as Seok Dal-hee (a plastic surgeon who has enjoyed success in her career thanks to the support of her father who runs a Chinese restaurant) in the romantic comedy-drama television series Wok of Love in 2018.
- In 2020, Cha Joo-young brought to life the character of Hwang Seo-ra (an Interpol secret agent with an IQ of 157 who is the one who Ah-Reum believes Ji-Hoon had an affair with, though in reality, it was all a misunderstanding) in the action romantic comedy television series The Spies Who Loved Me. It stars Eric Mun, Yoo In-na, and Lim Ju-hwan. This role got Cha Joo-young nominated for an MBC Drama Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- She was cast as Han Ji-hyun (Tae-sub’s secretary who is actually a Grim Reaper) in the 2022 fantasy action television series Again My Life. This earned her an SBS Drama Award nomination in the “Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries Genre/Fantasy Drama” category.
- From 2022 to 2023, Cha Joo-young played the supporting role of Choi Hye-jeong (a flight attendant whose parents are owners of a self-service laundry) in the Netflix revenge thriller television series The Glory.
- She appeared as Redrin (the deity who is the creator of the Other World) in the 2023 fantasy romantic comedy television series The Heavenly Idol, starring Kim Min-kyu, Go Bo-gyeol, and Lee Jang-woo.
- Along with Ahn Jae-hyun, Baek Jin-hee, Kim Sa-kwon, and Jung Eui-jae, Cha Joo-young co-starred as Jang Se-jin (a childhood friend of Gong Tae-kyung and NX Group Chief of Staff with outstanding working ability) in the family romantic comedy-drama television series The Real Has Come! in 2023.
Featured Image by 티비텐 TV10 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0