|Changbin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Changbin is a South Korean rapper, musician, producer, and TV personality who is best known for being a part of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Bang Chan, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. He grew up in South Korea and his parents have been his major supporters throughout his professional journey. As a part of Stray Kids, Changbin’s credits include working on a wide range of EPs, albums, mixtapes, and singles such as I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects and he has also been cast in several shows namely The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!. Other than Stray Kids, Changbin has also been associated with the hip-hop & record production trio, 3Racha, which also includes Bang Chan and Han.
Changbin, Mogi (Mosquito), Jingjingie (Whiny), Teokjaengie (Chin), Binnie
Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Changbin attended Galmoe Elementary School. He also studied at Bora High School and graduated in February 2018.
He later enrolled at Gukje Cyber University under the Department of Entertainment Studies.
Rapper, Musician, Producer, TV Personality
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Changbin is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, K Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
When asked about his ideal type, he revealed that his ideal type would be a girl who can laugh with him whenever they are together.
Race / Ethnicity
Changbin is of South Korean descent.
Changbin has often dyed his hair.
- Pierced ears
- Pouty lips
As a part of Stray Kids, Changbin has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the producer as well as the rapper of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Bang Chan, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 28 million followers on Instagram, more than 10 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- Having been a member of the hip-hop & record production trio, named 3Racha, which also includes his Stray Kids groupmates, Bang Chan and Han, and as a member of 3Racha, he goes by the name ‘SPEARB’
As a Singer
As a member of Stray Kids, Changbin has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Changbin stays fit by leading an active life.
Changbin Favorite Things
- Season – Autumn
- His parents were extremely happy for their son when he was signed by JYP Entertainment. Although they wanted him to study abroad, Changbin never wanted to leave his parents.
- He was encouraged to become a singer after he received a very warm reaction from the audience at his school’s festival when he gave a performance.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- He shares a friendly bond with ATEEZ‘s Wooyoung as well as with IZ*ONE‘s Chaeyeon.
- He regards his cheerfulness and an active personality as his most attractive features.
- His hobbies include listening to music and shopping.
- Changbin likes collecting things.
- He is a fan of iKon‘s Jinhwan.
- He specializes in writing lyrics and raps.
- He finds chicken breasts as the best convenient store food.
- Changbin is a fast runner.
- He enjoys watching horror movies the most.
- He has a Munchlax plush toy named Gyu which he cannot sleep without.
- Woojin once revealed that most of Changbin’s jokes are unfunny and are followed by an awkward silence.
- Changbin has been roommates with Woojin and Felix.
- As a member of Stray Kids, Changbin has been cast in a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- He counts BIGBANG‘s G-Dragon, American rapper, songwriter, and record producer, Kendrick Lamar, as well as his very own parents as his role models.
- He likes listening to the songs by Kendrick Lamar.
- He totally loves eating french fries.
- Changbin’s idea of a good vacation includes going on a plane ride or a trip with his friends. Also, he does not like to spend a vacation sitting alone in a room.
- If he had to choose between ice Americano and hot Americano, he would go for ice Americano.
- It has also been revealed that he likes to sleep in Hyunjin’s bed more than he does on his own bed.
- In case his career had not flourished with Stray Kids, Changbin would have become a producer, writer, or a tattooist.
- He enjoys playing various sports, especially ball sports, which, according to him, he is really good at.
- Changbin lives by the lines “Let’s live with a positive mind, enjoy the life”.
- In May 2020, he released a self-composed song titled Streetlight.
- In March 2023, Changbin was announced as a member of The Promise’s Honors Club. This club recognizes donors who have donated more than 100 million won to The Promise Foundation.
- In August 2023, he released a new song titled Fly High.
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Changbin / Instagram