|Han Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Han is a South Korean singer, rapper, and producer who is known for being a member of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, which also includes the likes of Changbin, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Bang Chan, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Han has always been passionate about music and as he came from Malaysia (where he was studying at the time) to take an exam in Korea, he felt that it was more important for him to stay and try out his chances in the music industry than going back to Malaysia. So, he accordingly made a one year deal with his parents which allowed him to pursue his dreams of becoming a musician for a year and he was supposed to return back to Malaysia to complete his studies in case he failed in his pursuits. Luckily enough, everything worked out nicely for the star and Han became a part of the JYP Entertainment. He has also been a part of the pre-debut group, 3Racha, alongside Bang Chan and Changbin and they have all worked on several tracks such as Runner’s High, Don Quixote, Peer Pressure, I SEE, NXT 2 U, and a couple more. As a member of Stray Kids, Han’s credits include working on several songs, albums, EPs, and mixtapes such as I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. Moreover, Stray Kids has also garnered an impressive worldwide fan base as well as a huge social media fan base as the band enjoys more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
Incheon, South Korea
Han studied in Malaysia before coming back to Korea.
Singer, Rapper, Vocalist, TV Personality
- Siblings – Han has an older brother.
Han is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, K Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Han is of South Korean descent.
He often wears contact lenses.
- Lean body
- Pierced ears
As a part of Stray Kids, Han has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the rapper, vocalist, and producer of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Changbin, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Bang Chan, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- Having been a member of the hip-hop & record production trio, named 3Racha, which also includes his Stray Kids groupmates, Changbin and Bang Chan, and as a member of 3Racha, he goes by the name ‘J.One’
As a Singer
As a member of Stray Kids, Han has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Han stays fit by leading an active life.
Han Favorite Things
- Food – Cheesecake, Chocolate cake
- Season – Winter
- Color – Red
- His English name is Peter Han.
- Previously, Han used to live in Malaysia and also pursued his educational interests there in the country.
- While living in Malaysia, he once had to come back to Korea to take an exam and that was the time when he realized that if he went back to Malaysia, he might never become a singer and fulfill his passion. Therefore, Han convinced his parents to let him try out his luck in Korea for a year and in case that things did not work out the way he had planned, he would return to Malaysia and continue with his studies. Fortunately, things did work out for him as he successfully pursued a career in singing.
- It was one morning when Han and one of his friends had auditioned for a company when Han’s friend told him that JYP was conducting its auditions too and suggested that they should give it a shot. However, Han thought that getting into JYP was something way out of his league and as Han was not in a mood for giving any audition, his friend persisted that they should at least go to the venue to see if they can get a glimpse of any celebrity.
- Han has always felt that it is a great way to tell your story through music and that has also been the reason for him to pursue a musical career.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- In case things had not worked out for him with Stray Kids, Han would have probably become a producer.
- He has named Block B‘s Zico as his role model.
- He has also trained with the D.E.F Academy.
- As a member of Stray Kids, Han has been cast in a variety of shows and dramas which include the likes of The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- He considers that acting silly is one of the most attractive things about him.
- Han has been roommates with his Stray Kids bandmates, Hyunjin and Seungmin.
- He suffers from trypophobia which is an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes, or bumps.
- He has also appeared in the singing competition program titled King of Mask Singer. However, he got eliminated in the 1st round itself.
- Han prefers lyrical and melodic rap.
- He enjoys shopping online.
- It is not very hard for him to sleep and he sleeps as soon as he lays down. Also, most of his time is spent lying on the bed.
- Apart from his mother tongue, Han can speak English as well.
- While on a vacation, he enjoys watching fun movies.
- He does not really like the idea of visiting a scary haunted house.
- He is good at voice impressions as well as drawing characters.
- Han totally enjoys eating cheesecake while watching a movie and he likes horror movies more than the other genres.
- He lives by the line “This too, shall pass.”
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Stray Kids / Instagram