|Hyunjin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 2000|
Hyunjin is a South Korean rapper, musician, dancer, and TV personality who is well-known for being a part of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside his groupmates named Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. They have released several EPs, mixtapes, albums, and singles as a part of Stray Kids and some of them are titled I Am Not, I Am Who, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. While growing up, Hyunjin spent some time in Las Vegas, Nevada and attended kindergarten. He always aspired to flourish in the music industry and as a part of the boy band, Stray Kids, he has won a number of awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, and Soompi Award.
Hyunjin, Sam, Jinnie, The Prince
Seoul, South Korea
Hyunjin pursued his kindergarten education in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Later, he studied at the School of Performing Arts Seoul (SOPA) based in South Korea and graduated in February 2019 with a degree in Practical Dance.
Rapper, Musician, Dancer, TV Personality
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Hyunjin is an only child.
Hyunjin is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hyunjin has not dated anyone publicly yet and prefers to keep his private life away from the public eye. Hence, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
However, he has revealed that his ideal type would be someone who can both listen to as well as empathize with his problems like they were her own.
Race / Ethnicity
Hyunjin is of South Korean descent.
He often dyes his hair.
- Plump lips
- Chiseled facial features
- Pierced ears
As a part of Stray Kids, Hyunjin has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the dancer and the rapper of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
As a Singer
As a member of Stray Kids, Hyunjin has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Hyunjin stays fit by leading an active lifestyle and all the dance sessions also help him stay in shape. Moreover, he makes sure to drink a lot of water every day and makes it a point to not eat anything after 4:00 pm.
Hyunjin Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Season – Autumn
- Color – Black, White
- Fruit – Watermelon
- When he was pretty young, he spent some of his time living in Las Vegas, Nevada. That was the time when he used to go by the name ‘Sam’.
- Growing up, Hyunjin had a very curious personality.
- He has said that his face resembles that of his mother’s while he has inherited his nose from his father.
- While studying at the School of Performing Arts Seoul (SOPA), his classmates included D-Crunch‘s Chanyoung and Verivery‘s Yongseung among others.
- Hyunjin always aspired to become a singer because performing on stage has always fascinated him and he finds music very appealing.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- Hyunjin was nicknamed ‘Prince’ because of his fine physical features and talents.
- According to him, the most charming thing about him is his lips.
- His hobbies include dancing, playing various sports, and reading.
- Apart from his native language, Hyunjin can also converse in English.
- As a member of Stray Kids, he has been cast in a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- He talks while he is sleeping.
- Hyunjin likes mulnaengmyeon (cold noodles) more than bibim naengmyeon (spicy cold noodles).
- He loves dogs more than cats and also has a dog named Kkami.
- He enjoys listening to the songs by singers Dean and Crush.
- Hyunjin has revealed that if a career in singing had not worked out for him, he would probably have become an interior designer.
- People find it very difficult to wake him up in the morning.
- He has a sensitive personality and cries the most out of all Stray Kids members. Once, I.N caught him crying while reading a comic book.
- Hyunjin shares a close bond with his groupmate, I.N, and they both talk to one another on the phone the most out of all other members of Stray Kids.
- He has been roommates with I.N, Bang Chan, Lee Know, and Seungmin.
- He loves rings and necklaces and makes sure to wear them most of the time.
- Hyunjin has a bracelet that displays his supports for abandoned dogs and cats.
- He does not prefer eating onions, carrots, and eggplants.
- Except for persimmons, he pretty much likes all the other fruits.
- He takes great pleasure in traveling to a variety of places.
- Usually, before going to sleep, Hyunjin spends some time on social media as well as goes through the schedule for the day after.
- His idea of a good vacation includes going to a water park and eating delicious food while avoiding going on a difficult hike.
- At night, he uses a mask.
- Hyunjin shares a friendly bond with The Boyz‘s Younghoon.
- He has said that his role model is GOT7‘s Jinyoung.
- Hyunjin is allergic to cat fur.
- In 2019, he, along with I.N, had a cameo appearance in the web drama series, A-Teen Season 2.
- He lives by the motto “Let’s try even when you regret it later.”
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Hyunjin / Instagram