Chase Atlantic is an Australian band that has thrived in the music industry with its Alternative R&B, pop, and hip hop mix of hit tracks and albums. The band was brought to life by brothers Clinton and Mitchel Cave along with their best friend Christian Anthony in 2014.
Alternative R&B, Alternative Pop, Alternative Hip Hop, Pop Rock, New Wave, Synthpop, Hip Hop, Trap, Emo
Warner Records Inc.
However, they have also released their music with various other record labels such as BMG Rights Management and Bertelsmann Music Group.
The band once stated that their style of music is a mix of “conjured up dark alternative pop punctuated by rock and R&B”. Also, with time, their music style has shifted from alternative/pop sounds to a more alternative/R&B sound.
- Prior to the formation of the band, Mitchel Cave and Christian Anthony were both a part of the boy band What About Tonight that competed on X-Factor 2012. However, the band stood at 11th place after being eliminated during week 2 of the competition.
- Clinton ran a successful YouTube channel titled ClintonCaveMusic to which he and his brother would upload videos of themselves making music covers in the past.
- Initially, the 3 of them started performing under the moniker of K.I.D.S. (Kind Imaginations. Destructive Situations.) and released their debut single titled Addicted.
- Using the YouTube channel that was created by Clinton, the band deleted its previous content and changed the name to Chase Atlantic.
- On May 26, 2014, the group released its first EP titled Dalliance as part of a university project. Thereafter, the band churned out 6 more EP’s until later 2019, some of which were Nostalgia, Paradise EP, and Don’t Try This.
- At the start of their career, the band mostly played pop-rock and pop-punk music.
- The highlight of their career came in 2015 when the Good Charlotte’s band members Benji and Joel Madden came across their music and signed them up to MDDN.
- In 2017, the group got its 2nd breakthrough deal after being signed on by Warner Records Inc.
- They have cited Tame Impala and The Weeknd be amongst their list of R&B, rock, pop, and alternative influencers.
- Mitchel plays the bass guitar and is the lead vocalist, whilst Christian plays the rhythm guitar and vocalizes too. Whereas, Clinton is the lead guitarist and plays the tenor saxophone. The band also has a 4th touring member guitarist named Patrick Wilde and drummer named Jesse Boyle.
- They released their debut self-titled studio album on October 4, 2017. This consisted of a total of 14 tracks and 1 bonus track. Later, on June 28, 2019, they release their 2nd studio album titled Phases, which was a follow-up album of their first.
- In the year 2018, Chase was presented with the AAA Rising Star Award.
- As of 2020, the most heard tracks of the band were Friends, Okay, Swim, Into It, and Right Here.
Featured Image By Jordan Knight / Instagram