|Choi Si-won Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Choi Si-won is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, model, and humanitarian who is best known for being a member of the boy group named Super Junior as well as a member of the South Korean Mandopop boy group, Super Junior-M, which is a sub-unit of Super Junior. He has been a part of various songs and albums such as Don’t Don, Twins, Bonamana, Mr. Simple, Mamacita, Play, Show Me Your Love, and S.E.O.U.L. Choi Si-won has also appeared in a wide range of movies and shows which include A Battle of Wits, Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, Dragon Blade, To the Fore, Legend of Hyang-dan, Athena: Goddess of War, The King of Dramas, Fall In Love With You Again, The Man in the Mask, Revolutionary Love, My Fellow Citizens!, Infinite Challenge, and We Are In Love. Choi Si-won has also been a part of numerous campaigns by UNICEF and thrives to continue to help the cause. He has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 7 million followers on Twitter and over 7.5 million followers on Instagram.
Horse, Bodyguard, Gentleman
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Choi Si-won attended the Apgu Jeong High School in Seoul from where he graduated in February 2006. Then, he got enrolled at Inha University and graduated in 2012 alongside fellow singer and actor, Kim Ryeowook.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model, Humanitarian
- Father – Choi Ki-ho (Former CEO of Boryung Medicine, a pharmaceutical company)
- Mother – Byun Jae-jeong (Diplomat)
- Siblings – Choi Ji-won (Younger Sister)
Choi Si-won is managed by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, Dance-pop, Electronic, R&B, Synthpop, Reggaeton, Mandopop
Vocals, Drums, Keyboard, Guitar
Label SJ, SM Entertainment, Avex Trax, Universal Music Group, Media Asia Entertainment Group
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Choi Si-won has dated –
- Stella Kim (2008) – Choi Si-won went out with Stella Kim in 2008. However, it was just a fling and soon, both of them went their separate ways.
- Agnez Mo (2012) – Agnez Mo is an Indonesian singer, songwriter, and actress known for her albums like And The Story Goes, Bala-Bala, and Sacredly Agnezious. Choi Si-won and Agnez Mo were an item for a short while in 2012.
- Liu Wen – He was once rumored to be dating Chinese model, Liu Wen.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Toned body
43 (EU) or 10 (US) or 9 (UK)
Choi Si-won has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands like Organica and Ralph Lauren.
He often quotes the Bible in his social media posts.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the South Korean boy band, Super Junior, and also of its popular Mandopop subgroup, Super Junior-M
- Appearing in a variety of roles in several shows like Eighteen, Twenty-Nine (2005) as Kang Bong-man (younger), Spring Waltz (2006) as Park Sang-woo, Legend of Hyang-dan (2007) as Lee Mong-ryong, Stage of Youth (2009) as Shi Yuan, Oh! My Lady (2010) as Sung Min-woo, Athena: Goddess of War (2010) as Kim Jun-ho, Skip Beat! (2011) as Dun He Lian, The King of Dramas (2012) as Kang Hyun-min, Fall In Love With You Again (2015) as Song Chen Yi, The Man in the Mask (2015) as Thief, She Was Pretty (2015) as Kim Shin-hyuk, Dramaworld (2016) as himself, Revolutionary Love (2017) as Byun Hyuk, and My Fellow Citizens! (2019) as Yang Jung-kook
- Having been cast in a number of movies such as A Battle of Wits (2006) as Prince Liang Shi, Attack on the Pin-Up Boys (2007) as Student Body President, I AM. (2012) as himself, Dragon Blade (2015) as Yinpo, Helios (2015) as Park Woo-cheol, and To the Fore (2015) as Zheng Ji-won
- Winning a couple of awards like SBS Drama Award in 2010 in the ‘New Star Award’ category for his role in the TV series, Oh! My Lady
As a member of the South Korean boy group Super Junior 05, his debut studio album, Twins, was released on December 5, 2005, via SM Entertainment. It was ranked at number #3 on the MIAK K-pop albums chart and sold more than 28,500 copies in the first month of release. The group was later renamed Super Junior, removing the suffix ’05’.
As a member of the South Korean Mandopop boy group Super Junior-M, a sub-unit of Super Junior, his debut studio album was titled Me and it was released on April 23, 2008. It was also ranked at number #10 on Korea’s MIAK Monthly Charts.
Choi Si-won made his first theatrical film appearance as Prince Liang Shi in the Hong Kong-Chinese action war drama movie, A Battle of Wits a.k.a. Battle of the Warriors, in 2006. He was also praised by his co-star, Andy Lau, for his performance in the film.
First TV Show
Choi Si-won made his first TV show appearance in an episode of the drama series, Precious Family, in 2004.
Choi Si-won is a major fitness enthusiast and works out on a regular basis with his fellow group members. Also, he is the one who pushes his group mates to workout.
Choi Si-won Favorite Things
- Item – Bible
- Drink – Coke, Espresso
- Musical Instrument – Drums
- Hobby – Photography
- Sports – Taekwondo and Basketball
- Numbers – 1 and 7
- Season – Spring
- Food – Waffles
- Actress – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Role Model – His Father
- American Celebrity – Al Pacino
- Song – “The Way You Look Tonight” by Tony Bennett
- Colors – Black, White
- Movie – The Godfather
Source – KProfiles.com, Miner8.com
Choi Si-won Facts
- The official records of the star have February 10, 1987, as his birth date because that’s when his parents got him registered.
- His English name is David Joseph Choi.
- Choi Si-won grew up in Seoul, South Korea and was discovered by an SM Entertainment talent agent when he was 16 years old and waiting for some of his friends outside his school.
- As per the agent’s recommendations, he auditioned for SM Entertainment’s Starlight Casting System and successfully passed the auditions. He informed his parents about the whole thing only after passing the audition.
- His parents did not help him much during his move to SM Entertainment in order for him to take full responsibility for his decisions.
- As a trainee at SM Entertainment, Choi Si-won was given training in singing, acting, dancing, and different languages.
- In 2003, he was featured in a music video of South Korean girl group The Grace‘s member Dana.
- As a model, Choi Si-won has walked the runway for designer Bum Suk, along with his bandmate, Han Geng.
- As a member of SM Entertainment’s project group, Super Junior 05, he made his debut on November 6, 2005, by appearing of the SBS network’s music program, Popular Songs.
- He became a part of the 7-membered Mandopop group, Super Junior-M, in April 2008 and the group made its debut in China at the 8th Annual Music Chart Awards.
- Choi Si-won has also served as a conscripted policeman after getting enlisted on November 19, 2015.
- In 2017, he, along with his family, was caught in a controversy after their untied French bulldog bit one of their neighbors. The victim was a 53 years old businesswoman named Kim who ran an upscale Korean cuisine restaurant named Hanilkwan. Unfortunately, she died after 6 days of treatment and Choi’s family was heavily criticized for their lack of attention while handling the dog. Both Choi and his father wrote letters of apology on Instagram on October 21, 2017.
- He has said in an interview that after his gig in the entertainment industry, he would like to become a missionary. He has also worked with the Christian singing group, Third Wave Music.
- Choi Si-won has been an active participant in humanitarian campaigns especially the ones organized by UNICEF. He also volunteered for UNICEF’s SMile for U campaign in Vietnam from August 21 to 25, 2017.
- Being a religious person, he always starts his new ventures with a prayer.
- Choi Si-won has been placed at the 55th spot on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018” list.
- He is a black belt in taekwondo.
- Choi is one of the richest members of Super Junior and his fans call him the ‘Prince of Thai’.
- He is fluent in Korean, English, and Mandarin.
- Follow Choi Si-won on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Choi Si-won / Instagram