Yongzhou, Hunan province, China
In an interview given to W magazine, she revealed that she had studied tourism in school and were having plans to become a tour guide. But, luckily, she didn’t go for one. Her first real job was as a model only.
Fashion / Runway Model
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – None
Wen can be contacted through these modeling agencies –
- D’Management Group
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Select Model Management
- Marilyn Agency – New York
- Catwalk – Shanghai
5 ft 10½ or 179 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Liu Wen has dated –
- Choi Si-won – It was speculated that Liu Wen had a short term relationship with South Korean singer and actor, Choi Si-won.
Race / Ethnicity
Black hair and black eye color
31.5-23.5-34.5 in or 80-59.5-87.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She has walked the ramp and advertised for designers such as Alexander Wang, Barney’s New York, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein ‘cK One’ fragrance, cK Calvin Klein, Converse by John Varvatos, Diesel, DKNY, DKNY Jeans, Dolce & Gabbana, Estee Lauder, Evian, Gap, Lane Crawford, Ne Tiger, Oscar de la Renta, Shanghai Tang, Tosca Blu, United Colors of Benetton, Vivienne Tam.
She has not spoken publicly about her religious beliefs.
Best Known For
Modeling work and becoming the first Chinese model to walk in the Victoria’s Secret fashion show.
She has not done any of the films.
First TV Show / Fashion Show
Liu walked in the Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2006 fashion show for United Bamboo.
She does regular exercises, even on her day off. Of course, diet is equally important.
Liu Wen Favorite Things
- Food – Chinese cuisine, French fries, ice cream
Source – WMagazine.com
Liu Wen Facts
- She was born to a working-class family.
- She is the only child.
- Her mother always encouraged her to eat well, be professional and enter into the modeling world. This is the reason of her discovery.
- Her modeling career was started in 2005.
- She has made the record as she is the first one of Chinese descent to walk into the Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- She is the spokesmodel for Estee Lauder along with Constance Jablonski and Joan Smalls. Again, in 2010, she became the first model of Asian descent to do so.
- Emma Pei, Hye Park, Charlotte Hoyer, Shu Pei, Karolin Wolter, Xiaoyi Dai, Mo Wandan, Laura Blokhina, Diana Farkhullina, Daul Kim, Eniko Mihalik, Du Juan, Arlenis Sosa, Yulia Leontieva, Lindsey Scott, Fei Fei Sun, Ping Hue, Bonnie Chen, Sui He are her friends.
- She started her career at the age of 18 when she entered The New Silk Road World model contest.
- No one in her family works in the fashion industry.
- Modeling does not last for a lifetime. After a certain time, she would have to quit her work as a model. But, Wen says that she would continue her work in the fashion industry.
- She surfs the internet, cooks delicious Chinese food, and does exercise in her free time when she off to work.
- Even if she eats a lot of ice-cream, she won’t gain weight. Rather, it makes her little hyper. This is what she told to W Magazine.
- She is called as the “World’s Most Famous Chinese Model.”
- Follow her on Twitter and catch the updates on Facebook.