|Chris Bumstead Quick Info
|6 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|February 2, 1995
Chris Bumstead is a Canadian IFBB Pro Bodybuilder who won his first Classic Physique title at Mr. Olympia in 2019.
Chris Jonathan Bumstead
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Kanata, Ontario, Canada
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Chris graduated from All Saints High School in Kanata, Ontario.
He studied for a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia where he only completed 2 years of credits in 3 and a half years. He dropped out in the first year due to health issues and switched to part-time studying the next year because he was offered a job contract that required a lot of traveling. In 2017, he qualified for Mr. Olympia when he decided to drop out of college.
IFBB Professional Bodybuilder, Fitness Model, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Jeff Bumstead (Chief Information Officer based in Kingston, Ontario)
- Mother – Mary Bumstead (Human Resource Organization Development Consultant)
- Siblings – Melissa Valliere (Older Sister) (IFBB Figure Professional Bodybuilder, Fitness Model)
- Others – Iain Valliere (Brother-in-Law) (IFBB Pro Bodybuilder, Coach)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
- 100 kg or 220.5 lbs (Stage weight)
- 118 kg or 260 lbs (Off-season weight)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Sabrina Twyman (2017–2018) – Fitness model Sabrina was frequently seen in Chris’s YouTube vlogs from 2017 to 2018 until during a Q&A session the bodybuilder confessed that he was single. He confirmed that he broke up with Sabrina because the two had gradually drifted apart and were living in different cities.
- Courtney King (2019–Present) – Courtney is a former IFBB Pro Bikini competitor and fitness model turned YouTuber. She made an elaborate YouTube video explaining how she met Chris Bumstead. The couple started dating in October 2019. In September 2022, they got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Canadian and English ancestry.
- Speaks with a lisp
- Has a tattoo of Roman numerals drawn across his left upper chest and a detailed right forearm tattoo sleeve that has a masquerade mask merging with the drawing of a Tiger
13.5 (US) or 12.5 (UK) or 46.5 (EU)
After winning the Classic Physique title in 2019, the bodybuilder’s major endorsements include Jacked Factory supplements, GymShark clothing, Beat Kicks headphone covers & masks, Revive supplements, and MVMT accessories.
Chris Bumstead Favorite Things
- Musical Artist – Kanye West
- Musical Album – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- Food – Stir-fried food, Chinese Chicken fried rice
- Role Model – His father, Brother-in-law Iain
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Laura Secord Superkid Ice-cream (Swirls of banana, blueberry, and strawberry flavor)
- Book Series – Harry Potter series, A Song of Ice and Fire novel series, The Dark Tower series
- Genre Of Music – Rap in winters, EDM in summers, Classic Rock & Country music while driving
- Yesteryear Bodybuilders – Tom Platz, Berry De May, Arnold Schwarzenegger
Chris Bumstead Facts
- He got his first job at the age of 15 working at a Deli.
- Some of his other jobs include working for a furniture moving company, a retail assistant at a supplement store, and personal trainer at a university gym.
- For 2 months one summer, he worked as a salesman at a perfume store and had to remember the scents of hundreds of perfume brands so that when women walked in, he could recognize the perfume they were wearing and recommend a perfume that had similar notes. Chris shared that the job helped him connect with many girls he met after that at parties.
- He is unofficially credited with defining the Classic Physique division of Mr. Olympia owing to his small waist and ability to hold a strong stomach vacuum complemented by thick mass on his upper and lower body.
- He suffers from claustrophobia. Not only does he hate small spaces but he also gets anxiety while watching war/action movies in which the actors are crawling through tunnels or tight spaces.
- Bumstead started bodybuilding in the 9th grade at the age of 14 and focused on eating a calorie surplus for 5 straight years to gain as much muscle mass as possible before competing in his first bodybuilding competition at the age of 19 in 2014.
- In 2016, he won his IFBB Pro card at the age of 21.
- He drinks alcohol only 6-8 times a year and did not enjoy smoking marijuana when he tried it because it makes him anxious to lose control over his mind.
Featured Image by Chris Bumstead / Instagram