|Christian Brassington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1983|
Christian Brassington is a talented English actor. He is known for his roles in Poldark, Tony Blair: Rock Star, When Boris Met Dave, Incubus, Mrs. Ratcliffe’s Revolution, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, In Love with Alma Cogan, Hummingbird, The Smoke, Patient Seven, and You, Me and Him. He took acting lessons at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Wellington, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Christian Brassington completed his early studies from Brighton Hill Community School in Basingstoke, England. Later, he studied acting at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Colin Flaherty (Actor)
- Mother – She was a dancer.
Christian Brassington is managed by –
- Denton Brierley, Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom
- Principal Entertainment, Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Clair Dobbs, Publicist, CLD Communications, London, United Kingdom
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Christian Brassington has dated –
- Jennie Fava (2009-Present) – In 2009, Christian began a relationship with assistant director and producer, Jennie Fava. The two were introduced by actor David Tennant, who is also Jennie’s best friend while filming St Trinian’s 2 (2009). Christian and Jennie got engaged in 2012 and tied the knot on a beach in Italy on September 21, 2013. David Tennant officiated the wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
- Rounded jaws
- Brown beard
Christian Brassington has either promoted or endorsed brands like Equity UK.
Best Known For
His numerous roles in TV Series and films including Poldark (2017-2018) as Reverend Osborne ‘Ossie’ Whitworth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) as Archduke Charles, Mrs. Ratcliffe’s Revolution (2007) as Thomas, Princess Kaiulani (2009) as Duke, and You, Me and Him (2017) as Dave
In 2006, he made his theatrical film debut in the mystery-thriller Incubus as Peter.
First TV Show
In 1999, he made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Stanton Blues as Gregor.
Christian Brassington works out regularly to maintain his good looks. However, while portraying the character of Reverend Osborne ‘Ossie’ Whitworth in Poldark, Christian had to put on 3 pounds a week requiring him to eat 28,000 calories a week. He worked with a personal trainer to build muscles and gain weight in a healthy way. He did a lot of weight training and squats.
As for his diet, his nutritionist Lucy advised him to eat lots of oily fish and green vegetables cooked in olive oil and quinoa, along with lots of red meat and potatoes, and protein shakes. He had to visit the gym twice a day to shed off the extra pound that he gained after the completion of his role in the series.
Christian Brassington Favorite Things
- Scene From Poldark – Ossie’s exchanges with Morwenna
Source – Medium
Christian Brassington Facts
- He partly grew up in Wellington, Telford in England.
- His father has been his greatest influence in pursuing a career in acting.
- In his spare time, he likes to travel, enjoy London with friends (or alone), catch up on films, TV shows, and plays; or spend a day watching football or a Test cricket at Lord’s.
- His idea of being cool is not caring or conforming and being individualistic.
- He has done some notable roles in plays including Prince Arthur in King of Hearts (2007) and Freddie in A Brief History of Helen of Troy (2005).
- He supports charities like Baby Lifeline, mothers2mothers (m2m), Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust, and more.
Featured Image by Christian Brassington / Instagram