|Christina Applegate Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1971|
Christina Applegate is a former American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Kelly Bundy in Married… with Children, Jen Harding in Dead to Me, Jesse Warner in Jesse, Samantha “Sam” Newly in Samantha Who?, Robin Kennedy in Heart of the City, Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, and Claudine Van Doozen in Claudine’s Return. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Jaws of Satan, Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead, Jane Austen’s Mafia!, Just Visiting, Wonderland, Grand Theft Parsons, Employee of the Month, Going the Distance, Father Murphy, Days of Our Lives, Heart of the City, The Earth Day Special, Friends, Prince Charming, The Muppets, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Sweet Charity. For her acting skills, Christina has been honored with numerous awards such as the Young Artist Award, People’s Choice Award, and Primetime Emmy Award.
Hollywood, California, U.S.
She went to Excelsior High School. She left it to pursue a career in acting.
Actress (Film, TV, voice roles)
- Father – Robert William “Bob” Applegate (Record Producer and Record Company Executive)
- Mother – Nancy Lee Priddy (Singer and Actress)
- Siblings – Alisa Applegate (Half-Sister), Kyle Applegate (Half-Brother)
She is signed to these agencies –
- Management 360
- Celebrity Talent International
- Entertainment Booking Agency
- Grabow Entertainment Agency
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christina Applegate dated –
- Steven Adler – Musician Steven Adler appeared on a show with Christina and had a fling with her.
- Brad Pitt (1988-1989) – She dated actor Brad Pitt from April 1988 to September 1989. She was 16 at the time of starting the relationship. The duo also appeared in the MTV Movie Awards in 1989.
- Richard Grieco (1989) – She briefly dated actor Richard Grieco in late 1989.
- Sebastian Bach (1989) – Canadian singer Sebastian Bach and Christina had an encounter in 1989 during the MTV Movie Awards.
- Nuno Bettencourt (1990-1992) – From 1990 to 1992, Portuguese singer, Nuno Bettencourt dated Christina. It is said that his song “Song for love” is perhaps dedicated to her.
- Christian Slater (1996) – The actors Christina and Christian Slater were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in 1996. They were later again seen together when they presented the Emmy Awards in 2008.
- Johnathon Schaech (1997-2007) – The actors Applegate and Johnathon Schaech started dating in August 1997 after meeting through the director Gregg Araki. After dating for about 4 years, the couple married on October 20, 2001. The happy married life went for another 4 years and in December 2005, the couple separated and filed for divorce, which was finalized in August 2007.
- Lee Grivas (2005-2008) – Photographer and skateboarder, Lee Grivas started dating Christina in 2005. They dated ON and OFF for three years until early 2008. Lee was found dead in his apartment on July 1, 2008, due to a drug overdose. He was 26 at the time of his death.
- Martyn LeNoble (2008-Present) – Porno for Pyros’ bassist, Martyn LeNoble started dating Christina in 2008. They soon got engaged on February 14, 2010 (Valentine’s Day). After three years of engagement, the couple married on February 23, 2013, in Los Angeles. This was actually the second marriage of both the persons. They have one daughter, Sadie Grace (b. January 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
She first appeared in the Playtex baby bottles commercial, when she was three months old.
Christina has also appeared in commercials and print ads on Kmart, Lee jeans (2003), Hanes underwear (2006), Barbie doll, and others.
Best Known For
Playing Kelly Bundy in Fox’s sitcom Married… with Children from 1987 to 1997. She appeared in a total of 259 episodes.
She debuted with Jaws of Satan (also known as King Cobra) in 1979, where she played the role as Kim Perry. Christina was 7 at that time.
First TV Show
In 1972, Applegate played the role of a baby in NBC’s daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives. She was just three months old, then.
She takes help from the celebrity trainer, Teddy Bass who has also trained Cameron Diaz.
He meets her three to five days a week. She works out for 60 to 90 minutes with him. They do mostly spinning and treadmill workouts. He also makes her do Pilates workout, and sometimes little bit of weight training and resistance band workout.
Regarding diet, she mostly eats healthy, but sometimes has cheat days (When you can eat whatever you want). They are not fixed days. Whenever she feels like eating any food, she eats it. She is a vegetarian.
Christina Applegate Favorite Things
- Movie – Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
- Fruit water Flavor – Orange mango
Source – IMDb, Shape.com
Christina Applegate Facts
- Soon after Christina’s birth, her parents split.
- She likes to read books, which are on spirituality.
- She went to high school with Milla Jovovich.
- As per IMDb, she was born at 5:45 PM.
- Christina has three pet cats, and even a turtle, named, Tibbell.
- Applegate supports an animal rights organization called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and appeared in their anti-fur advertisement in 2007.
- She was really shy at school.
- Applegate has played Jennifer Aniston‘s on-screen sister, Amy Green in NBC’s sitcom Friends from 2002 to 2003.
- She has tattoos on her both legs (near ankles). The tattoo says “Nini” on one leg and “Agape” on the other leg.
- In 2008, it was reported that Christina had been diagnosed with an early stage of breast cancer. It was later revealed that she was cancer-free after a double mastectomy
- She gets sad if she is called by the name “Granny Smith.”
- In August 2021, Christina revealed that she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
- Christina has supported numerous charities such as Entertainment Industry Foundation, The Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, World Animal Protection, Adopt-A-Classroom, and the Trevor Project.
- In November 2022, Christina was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In May 2023, Christina announced that she had decided to retire from on-screen acting after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.