|Clare Bowen Quick Info
|5 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|May 12, 1984
Clare Bowen is an Australian actor, singer, dancer, stage actor, director, and writer who is known for playing Scarlett O’Connor in the musical soap opera Nashville and Nina Bailey in the television soap opera Home and Away. Clare has also been cast in several other shows and movies such as The Combination, Dead Man’s Burden, Gangs of Oz, Cupid, Not Suitable for Children, The Clinic, The Invitation, 10 Days to Die, The Red Valentine, Chandon Pictures, The Talk, A Burning Thing, Hungry Ghosts, and All Saints.
Clare Maree Bowen
Minnamurra, New South Wales, Australia
Clare Bowen got her early education from a local primary school in Dulwich Hill, Sydney.
After finishing high school, she got enrolled at the University of Wollongong in New South Wales and graduated in 2006 with a Bachelor of Creative Arts degree.
Actor, Singer, Stage Actor, Dancer, Director, Writer
- Father – Tony Bowen (Worked for Qantas Airways)
- Mother – Kathleen Bowen (Worked for Qantas Airways)
- Siblings – Timothy Bowen (Younger Brother) (Musician)
Clare Bowen has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Country, country pop, and country-rock
Big Machine Records
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Clare Bowen has dated –
- Brandon Robert Young (2015-Present) – In December 2015, Clare Bowen got engaged to her longtime musician boyfriend Brandon Robert Young by simply retweeting the story published by a tabloid, Sounds Like Nashville, and adding “Thank You!” to her tweet. It is speculated that they started dating before she got her big break in the TV series, Nashville. Young proposed to her while performing on stage during The Grand Ole Opry event held in Nashville and they got married on October 21, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Bowen is of Scottish and Irish descent.
- Short Stature
- Short hair
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing the role of Scarlett O’Connor in the musical drama series Nashville
As a Singer
Clare Bowen has contributed a number of soundtracks to the music albums released for the three seasons of the TV series, Nashville.
In 2014, she performed with Zac Brown band as they performed the live version of the 2010 hit single Free.
She made her first film appearance in the 2009 drama The Combination in a supporting role of Sydney.
First TV Show
Clare made her TV show debut in 2009 in an episode of ABC1 drama series The Cut for her role as Donna Gilbertson.
Clare Bowen likes to go out for horse riding to remain fit and active and in case, she doesn’t head out for it for some days, she starts feeling weird. She likes to go horse riding three to four times a week and morning is her preferred time period. She just grabs a bottle of water and lip balm for her favorite workout.
In case, she can’t go for horse riding or need an extra workout, she opts for running with her pet dog. Clare also likes to go kayaking.
When she is living in Australia, she goes out kayaking and swimming almost daily. Her other preferred exercise forms include climbing trees and hula hooping.
Clare Bowen Favorite Things
- Movie – Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
- Music – Country
- Singers / Bands – Hank Williams, Edith Piaf, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Elvis Presley, Billie Holliday, Elvis Costello, The Lumineers, Edward Sharpe, Mumford and Sons, T Bone Burnett
Source – W Magazine
Clare Bowen Facts
- Clare Bowen was diagnosed with cancer at 4 and suffered from it for 3 years.
- In 2008, she became a youth ambassador for the Australian Cancer Council.
- In 2012, during the shooting of Dead Man’s Burden (2012), she suffered a burn on the inside of one of her forearms from a gunpowder residue left after firing a gun.
- She appeared as Gypsy in the 2012 romantic comedy film Not Suitable for Children.
- Before becoming a full-time actor, she used to work at cattle mustering, which basically involved driving cattle along the edge of inland Australia from station to station.
- In November 2015, she chopped her long tresses for a pixie cut to show solidarity for a little girl who wanted to feel like a princess but couldn’t as she didn’t have long hair. She posted a motivational message along with a picture of her new hairdo.
- She once said, “Dolly Parton is probably the biggest one. She tells such wonderful stories and she’s so honest and she’s her. She makes fun of herself. She knows how to be silly and she knows how to be serious. She can lift people up after she’s told them a really heavy story. I think she’s just a really marvelous storyteller. She’s always been a big inspiration to me”.
- During her childhood, she spent some years living in Zimbabwe.
- Her stage credits include having been cast in projects such as Hat’s Off/Spring Awakening, The Good Doctor, Our Town, Metamorphoses, Candide, 4 Plays About Wollongong, and Peer Gynt.