|Clifton Powell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1956|
Clifton Powell is an American actor, voice actor, director, and producer who is best known for playing Jeff Brown in the biographical musical drama film Ray, a role that got him nominated for an NAACP Image Award in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture” category. He has also been cast in several other films including Rush Hour, Menace II Society, Conflict of Interest, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Woman Thou Art Loosed, Next Friday, Friday After Next, Dead Presidents, Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters’ First 100 Years, The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2, All Eyez on Me, The North Star, Misguided Behavior, The Undershepherd, Coffin Baby, Preacher’s Kid, Trapped: Haitian Nights, 35 and Ticking, Love for Sale, Vicious Circle, Who Made the Potato Salad?, and Never Die Alone. Clifton Powell has also appeared in a variety of television shows such as Saints & Sinners, The Sinbad Show, Roc, South Central, Moesha, Simon, The Family Business, Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Army Wives, She’s Still Not Our Sister, American Soul, Black Dynamite, Touched by an Angel, The Practice, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Cold Case, The Mentalist, Murder in the First, Hawaii Five-O, and NYPD Blue.
Washington, D.C., United States
Clifton Powell graduated from the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, a high school located at 35th Street and R Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer
Clifton Powell has been signed with A3 Artists Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $500 Thousand.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clifton Powell has dated –
- Kimberly Powell – He is married to Kimberly Powell and the duo has been blessed with 2 children – a son named Clifton Powell Jr. and a daughter named Maya.
Race / Ethnicity
Sports a mustache
Clifton Powell Facts
- He was raised in Mayfair Mansions in Northeast D.C.
- He appeared as Chauncey, a confederate of Caine in an insurance scam, in the 1993 teen hood drama film Menace II Society, starring Tyrin Turner, Jada Pinkett, Bill Duke, and Charles S. Dutton.
- In 1999, Clifton Powell portrayed the character of Martin Luther King Jr. in the made-for-television biographical drama film Selma, Lord, Selma. The film revolves around true events that happened in March 1965, known as Bloody Sunday in Selma, Alabama.
- Powell gained much popularity with his role as Pinky in the 2000 stoner comedy film Next Friday, the sequel to the 1995 film Friday.
- In 2004, he did voiceover work for the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- He provided vocals to the character of Coach Durham, the baseball coach (and a teacher) who lives in his car just outside the school field, in the adult animated sitcom Unsupervised in 2012.
- He started playing Rex Fisher in the prime-time television soap opera Saints & Sinners in 2016.
- In 2018, Clifton Powell started appearing as Uncle Lou, LC’s brother and partner, in the crime family drama television series The Family Business.
- He has served as a producer for projects like Golden Empire, Soul Custody, etc.
Featured Image by Clifton Powell / Instagram