|Coby Persin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1994|
Coby Persin is an American social media star, former model, TV personality, and rapper, best known for his YouTube channel “zipkid99”, also known under his real name, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 6 million subscribers. Coby created the channel on October 7, 2010, but his channel’s following began to rise rapidly around June 2013, after he started regularly publishing prank videos. In 2014, he also started including social experiments such as Stealing From The Homeless, Would You Help A Intoxicated Girl? and others that seemed out to bring out the best or worst in people. His social experiment video, titled Homeless Drug Addict VS Homeless Father, published on July 19, 2015, became his most-watched video, with more than 32 million views. Furthermore, his Money Suit Social Experiment! and 65 Year Old Man Marries 12 Year Old Girl! (Child Marriage Social Experiment) videos got featured in the publications such as HuffPost and TheSun, further bringing attention to his channel.
Coby was also associated with Damn.com and Pranksters.com, who helped him plan, script, and execute viral videos using Fake Barack Obama, Fake Justin Bieber, Fake Zac Efron, Fake Tekashi 6ix9Ine, using actors or even himself to bring out the reactions in people. However, the most viral video they helped him execute was The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Experiment) in 2015, which has garnered more than 60 million views and was featured in a number of online publications. A year before he created his YouTube channel, in 2009, Coby also worked as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch, a well-known fashion brand. Coby is also a rapper and he was 1st a featured artist on a song YouTube by RSK and Oohdem Beatz (2016) and then released a single Te Ví with Wolf & Max Loui$ in August 2019.
New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
- New Jersey, United States
Coby was bullied in high school because he just didn’t fit in. He was forced to switch schools, and broke out of his shell between the 8th and 9th grade and became the class prankster.
Coby was kicked out of a private school at the age of 17 because he didn’t want to comply with the school’s dress code and didn’t want to get a haircut. Coby found a solution by passing his GED (General Educational Development) tests outside of the school.
He enrolled in college to become a nurse at the age of 17, but later stated it was a bad choice because he hated blood. After just 1 semester, he got obsessed with YouTube and then dropped out in 2010.
Social Media Star, TV Personality, Rapper, Former Model
Siblings – Ben Persin (Brother). He also has 1 more brother.
Coby Persin is represented by Gushcloud Marketing Group (Manager) across the world.
Rap, Hip Hop
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Neatly shaped eyebrows
Coby Persin has endorsed brands such as –
- Fuerte Men
- Mentality Magazine
- Real Deal Dog Training
Best Known For
- His viral videos Girl Walks Around NYC In Painted On Jeans! and How To Order Mcdonald’s Like A Boss! which have both surpassed a number of more than 75 million views each
- Publishing social media experiment videos titled The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Experiment) and Homeless Drug Addict VS Homeless Father, which were covered in online publications such as TheSun and HuffPost
- His social media fanbase with more than 6 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 500k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
On August 3, 2016, Coby made his musical debut when he was a featured artist on a rap/hip-hop song titled Youtube, performed by RSK and Oohdem Beatz.
On August 5, 2019, he made his official debut as a lead artist and rapper after he released a single titled Te Ví, featuring rappers Wolf & Max Loui$.
First Web Show
Coby Persin made his first web show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the reality web series, The Dangers of Social Media in 2015.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the news, talk-show, Fox and Friends in September 2015.
Coby Persin Facts
- He was inspired to start making prank videos by a fellow YouTube pranksters Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, better known as VitalyzdTV, and Roman Atwood.
- Both Coby and his 2 brothers suffer from ADHD. He had to take Ritalin in school so he could pay attention, and the school nurse always called his name over loudspeakers at 2:00 P.M. to drink his pill.
- He was always insecure about his eyebrows because they were huge. For that reason, he keeps them neatly trimmed. 2 of his other insecurities are scars on his forehead and a birthmark on the left rib. Coby also has the index toe bigger than all of the others, which makes him feel like everyone is staring at it when he wears flip flops.
- One of his 1st pranks in high school was to go online and buy a $6 remote. When the teacher would play a video on the school’s TV, Coby would sneakily turn the TV off. He wasn’t immediately only caught and kicked out for his pranks and had a lot of fun in the meantime.
- While he was building his YouTube channel from the ground up, Coby was forced to work odd jobs. He was a caterer, worked with garbage, in a fast-food joint, in a warehouse, in a factory, in a restaurant, and a few other places.
- When he was 14 years old, Coby went to the beach with his family. On the way back, at around 10:00 P.M., he kept asking his dad to stop by the side of the road because he had to pee. While climbing over the guard rail, he tripped over, and the sharp edge of the guard rail sliced his thigh skin open, leaving it flapping. Luckily, his dad quickly wrapped the beach towel over the gushing blood, and the hospital had an army doctor who was used to such severe wounds. The wound was very deep, only around 1 inch from the bone, and if the metal had cut the bone, his nerves would’ve been severed and he would’ve lost the feeling in the entire leg. Coby spent the next month on crutches, was left with no feeling in that part of the leg, and now has a massive wishbone-shaped scar that he shows to some of his friends.
- Coby was also a part of Sunset Park, a group of young content creators that included social media stars Moe Bradberry, Moe Adams, Andrew Davila, Alex Stokes, Alan Stokes, and Ethan Bradberry.
- In 2017, he considered Moe Adams as the funniest out of all of the members of Sunset Park.
- He loves to travel but also loves getting tan. For that reason, his dream destination is the Bahamas.
- If he had 3 wishes from a genie, he would wish for world peace, to solve the world’s hunger, and to meet every single of his fans.
- Coby had a Siberian husky dog named Sky in 2017. In 2019, he got a new puppy named Snow, who was a half-Siberian husky and half Arctic wolf, according to him. He also made a separate Instagram for him under the handle “@snowthewolfdog”.
- On July 27, 2019, after around 5 years spent in New York City, Coby officially moved to Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, 2nd Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, 2nd YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Coby Persin / Instagram