|Colin Trevorrow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1976|
Colin Trevorrow is a famous American film director, scriptwriter, and producer who is renowned for directing the 2015 sci-fi adventure film, Jurassic World. He started making short films at the age of 12. Trevorrow has also worked with Naomi Watts in the 2016 drama film, The Book of Henry.
Colin Tyler Trevorrow
San Francisco, California, United States
England, United Kingdom
Colin attended Piedmont High School in Piedmont, California. Then, he went to New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and graduated with a degree in Film and Dramatic Writing in 1999.
Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Voice Actor
- Father – Robert A. Trevorrow (Musician in a Country Rock Band)
- Mother – Yvette Toledano (née Frieder) (Photographer, Operator of a Day-Care Center)
- Others – Leonard Peter Frieder (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Toledano (Maternal Grandmother)
Colin Trevorrow is managed by 3 Arts Entertainment and Verve Talent and Literary Agency.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Trevorrow has dated-
- Isabelle – Colin is married to Isabelle and the couple has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Colin is of English descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish and Sephardi Jewish roots on his mother’s side.
- Mole on his left cheek
- Almond eyes
Best Known For
For co-writing and directing the 2015 science fiction adventure film, Jurassic World
As a Director
Colin made his directorial debut with the 2012 feature film, Home Base, which became a viral success.
In 2004, Colin made his theatrical directorial debut with the documentary film, Reality Show.
He made his theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Mr. DNA in the sci-fi adventure film, Jurassic World, in 2015.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the series, HBO First Look, in 2015.
Colin Trevorrow Facts
- During his teenage years, Trevorrow worked as a chorus singer with the San Francisco Opera.
- He was an intern for Saturday Night Live.
- Trevorrow was chosen to direct the 2019 film, Star Wars Episode IX, by Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in 2015. He had started working on the script but in September 2017, director J.J. Abrams replaced Colin Trevorrow because Colin decided to leave the project due to some creative differences.
- In 2006, Colin sold his speculative screenplay, Tester, to DreamWorks Pictures.
- He teamed up with screenwriter and film producer, Derek Connolly, in 2008 to work on a buddy cop film script titled Cocked and Loaded. 10 years prior to this, they had both been interns on the late-night TV variety show, Saturday Night Live.
- After the release of the 2012 film, Safety Not Guaranteed, both Connolly and Trevorrow were hired by the Walt Disney Company to create a remake of the 1986 sci-fi film, Flight of the Navigator.
- Follow Colin Trevorrow on Twitter.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0