|Colleen Hoover Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|December 11, 1979
|William Heath Hoover
Colleen Hoover is an American author who is widely known for having written several novels and novellas that became New York Times Best Sellers including her debut Slammed (2012) and Finding Cinderella (2014), respectively, along with numerous short stories such as A Father’s Kiss that she had published in 2014 as part of the anthology The Kiss: An Anthology of Love and Other Close Encounters. Her novels have come under the New Adult and young adult categories. Colleen has been featured in numerous TV shows like ABC News Nightline and CBS This Morning in the past. Hoover is the recipient of many accolades including the Goodreads Choice Awards in 2015. She has amassed more than 350k followers on Instagram.
Margaret Colleen Fennell
Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
She attended Saltillo High School, graduating in 1998. She then went to Texas A&M University-Commerce in Commerce in Texas and acquired her B.A. degree in Social Work.
- Father – Eddie Fennell
- Mother – Vannoy Fite
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- William Heath Hoover (1996-Present) – In 2000, she tied the knot with William Heath Hoover. They have 3 sons together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin lips
- Expressive eyes
- Tattoos on her wrist and shoulder
Colleen Hoover Favorite Things
- Actress – Jane Levy
Source – Pop Sugar
Colleen Hoover Facts
- She was raised in Saltillo in Texas and had worked as a teacher and been involved in various social work until she kickstarted her writing career.
- Colleen has recalled that she wrote a lot in high school and had intended to make a career out of it, however, she was aware that writers usually did not earn a lot. As she had a family, it had gone in a different direction. Then when she turned 31, she had picked up a laptop and began writing only for fun, never having expected the phenomenal success that was in store for her.
- She has herself tried to figure out where she has got the inspiration for her different book ideas as her own life has always been quite boring. Colleen has admitted that she never had her heart broken, having blessed to have been together with her husband ever since she was 16, so she has never experienced anything that she has written about.
- She has believed that her empathetic nature has made it easy to put herself in other people’s shoes while imagining exactly what it would feel like to be in them, and that has helped her to write on their behalf. Colleen has not taken anything from real life because if she had really done so, her books would have been only about watching television.
- Colleen has wanted to advise aspiring writers that they should Google all their queries and never have expectations. She has realized that almost all of her success had been based on timing and sheer good luck. She has learned that the writer should write the book only because he or she wants to do so, never to make a career or money out of it.
- Colleen has revealed that she has been quite disorganized, with no schedule for her work, and has the unfavorable propensity to keep misplacing things, which has made her wonder how she actually sits down and writes a whole story. However, Colleen has known that the one thing she has to have is peace and quiet.
Featured Image by Colleen Hoover / Instagram