|Criss Angel Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1967|
Criss Angel is an American magician and musician known for creating and starring in the TV and stage show Criss Angel Mindfreak. He has appeared on primetime television and reality shows for more hours than any other magician in history and has held multiple world-records that were made during his performances. In 2009, he was named ‘Magician of the Decade’ and then ‘Magician of the Century’ in 2010 by the International Magicians Society. Criss has also led a parallel career as a musician, founding the band Angel in 1989 and then serving as the lead singer for the band Angeldust that released 5 albums between 1998 and 2003. He authored the book Mindfreak: Secret Revelations in 2007.
Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos
Hempstead, Nassau County, New York, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Criss graduated from the East Meadow High School in New York after which he did not attend college as he wanted to pursue a career as a professional magician. During his days as a touring artist, he studied the history and art of magic and mysticism in public libraries. He also trained himself in music, martial arts, and even dance.
Magician, Illusionist, Musician, TV Personality
- Father – John Sarantakos (Restaurant Owner) (d. 1998)
- Mother – Dimitra Sarantakos
- Siblings – JD Sarantakos (Brother), Costa Sarantakos (Brother)
- Others – Dimitra Sarantakos (Niece), Lynn Sarantakos (Sister-in-Law)
He is represented by –
- Aaron Dixon, Agent (North America), APA Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- AJ Paul, Agent (Rest of the World), APA Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Heavy Metal, Rock, Industrial Rock, Electronic, Pop
- Apitrag Records
- Koch Records
- Freedom Of Speech Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Criss has dated –
- JoAnn Winkhart (1992–2006) – Criss married his long-time girlfriend JoAnn Winkhart in 2002. JoAnn even featured in a couple of his illusions in 2005 where she was credited as ‘Criss’ Girl’. They got divorced in 2006.
- Minnie Driver (2006-2007)
- Paris Hilton (2006-2007)
- Cameron Diaz (2007)
- Lindsay Lohan (2007)
- Britney Spears (2007)
- Katy Johnson (2007)
- Pamela Anderson (2007-2008)
- Giselle Diaz (2008)
- Sunny Leone (2008)
- Holly Madison (2008-2009)
- Sandra Gonzalez (2009-2013)
- Shaunyl Benson (2012-2016, 2017-Present) – Criss began dating Australian singer Shaunyl Benson in 2012. The couple got married in 2015 and has 2 sons together named Johnny Christopher (b. 2014) and Xristos Yanni (b. January 22, 2019). Even though they got divorced in 2016, they reunited in 2017 after learning that their son Johnny was diagnosed with Leukemia. They have been together since then.
- Belinda Peregrín Schüll (2016-2017)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek descent.
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Has a ‘Cross’ tattooed on his neck
- Toned physique
- Smoldering eyes
- Has tattoos on the knuckles of his left hand
Criss has endorsed the brands –
- Summer’s Eve (Feminine Hygiene Product)
- Panasonic USA
He has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Orville Redenbacher’s Pop Up Bowl Popcorn (2011)
- Criss Angel Platinum Magic Kit (2010)
- Luxor Hotel and Casino (2016)
Criss Angel Favorite Things
- Illusionist – Harry Houdini
- Magician – Doug Henning
- Martial Artist – Bruce Lee
- Musical Groups/Bands – The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Korn
- Musicians – Billy Joel, Elton John
Source – Wikipedia, GQ, Live for Live Music
Criss Angel Facts
- He developed an interest in magic and the art of illusion at a very early age and performed his first show at the age of just 12. By the time he turned 14, he had started to perform at several restaurants.
- In August 2002, he created a world record by spending 24 hours underwater, shackled, in a water torture cell in New York’s Times Square. He had fasted for 24 hours before the performance and had consumed 16 oxygen tanks during the trick.
- Criss was honored as ‘Magician of the Year’ by the International Magicians Society in 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, and 2008. He was also the youngest inductee in the International Magician Society’s ‘Magic Hall of Fame’.
- In 2004, he became the first person to have won the ‘Merlin Magician of the Year’ award twice, his first win having come in 2001.
- In May 2010, he entered the Guinness Book of World Records for making 100 people disappear during an illusion.
- He is credited as being the most-watched magician on the internet since the late 2000s. By early 2013, his video clips had been viewed more than 200 million times.
- In July 2017, Criss received his star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’.
- Criss is heavily involved in philanthropic work and is the founder of the Believe Foundation.
Featured Image by Criss Angel / Instagram