|Crystal Renn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1986|
Crystal Renn is an American model and author who has done modeling work for several popular designers and brands such as Philipp Plein, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, H&M, Jimmy Choo, DSquared², Zac Posen, and many others. She has been featured in numerous magazines such as Elle, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, i-D, and Vanity Fair. She has also published a book titled Hungry: A Young Model’s Story of Appetite, Ambition, and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves (2009).
Miami, Florida, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Fashion / Runway Model, Author
The model is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Ford Models – New York
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- Elite Model Management – London
- Next Model Management – Paris (2006-2012)
- Ford Models Europe – Paris (2007-2012)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Crystal was dating her boyfriend, Gregory Vrecenak for a long time. She finally married him on June 30, 2007, at Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in Manhattan, New York. The couple ended their marriage in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
39-32-43 in or 99-81-109 cm
Her measurements and dress size are fluctuating due to her anorexic behavior. When she signed as a model, her stats were 36-26-36 in or 91-66-92 cm and her dress size was 6 (US).
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Crystal Renn has walked the ramp for Barney’s, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared², Evans Denim, Fashion Forward, H&M, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Jimmy Choo, Lane Bryant, Liz Claiborne, Lord & Taylor, Mango, Marina Rinaldi, Nordstrom, Reem Acra fragrance, Saks Fifth Avenue, Samoon by Gerry Weber, Torrid, Zac Posen.
Best Known For
Modeling and co-authoring the book Hungry.
First TV Show
Renn’s debut appearance on TV was via the talk show The Tyra Banks Show in which she appeared as herself in an episode titled “The Dark Side of Modeling” broadcasted on November 9, 2005.
First Runway Debut
Crystal’s debut fashion show was Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2006 in which she walked for Elena Miro, Jean-Paul Gaultier.
Renn just does hiking, and yoga (within the house). She does a lot of meditation. This has led her weight (and dress size) to drop from 165 pounds (and size 16) to what is written above.
She describes her style as –
“I like a mix, structured lines with a flowy piece, interesting textures to layer with and one-of-a-kind items. I believe that when you dress, it’s self expression so I like to play with that.”
Crystal Renn Favorite Things
- Food – She loves Japanese cuisine of all. Her favorite food includes Sushi/sashimi, chestnut creme-filled rice pastry
- Clothes – Rad Hourani vest, Rick Owens tank tops, Comme des Garcons coat, Zac Posen cape
- Models – Linda E (as she is multi-talented), Christy Turlington (for her business sense), Kristen McMenamy (for her spirit)
- Music Artist – Alela Diane
- Star Sign – Gemini, Scorpio
Source – Hunger TV
Crystal Renn Facts
- Crystal found success as a plus-sized model.
- On September 8, 2009, she released her first book, titled Hungry: A Young Model’s Story of Appetite, Ambition and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves, co-authored by Marjorie Ingall. The book discusses her experiences within the fashion industry and various body type transformations.
- Crystal is good friends with Brad Koenig, Chanel Iman, Tyra Banks, Lisa Cant, Hilary Rhoda, Marquita Pring, Roby Lawley.
- She has appeared in the 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- Her yearly income is in 6 figures, as of 2012.
- She commenced modeling at the age of 14.
- She had worked hard on her body and in November 2010, she stated that she was successful in weight loss due to her workout, which includes hiking and yoga.
- She has graced various magazine covers such as The Times Magazine (US) in 2010, Glamour (USA) in 2010, 10 Magazine (UK) in 2012, Harper’s Bazaar (Russia) in 2006, Allure (Russia) in 2013, Vogue (Mexico) in 2011 and 2012, Elle (Italy) in 2008, Tush (Germany) in 2011, Vogue Beauty (Japan) in 2011 and many many more.
- She likes traveling due to the exotic food, she haves.