|Dadju Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dadju is a French singer, songwriter, and TV personality. He is best known for his solo album Gentleman 2.0 released in 2017. He also released a 28-song double album titled Poison and Antidote in 2019. Dadju was also a part of the duo Shin Sekaï with rapper Abou Tall between 2012 and 2016. They released 2 mixtapes, The Shin Sekaï Vol. I (2013) and The Shin Sekaï Vol. II (2014), and one studio album, Indéfini (2016).
Dadju Djuna Nsungula
Bobigny, Seine-Saint-Denis, France
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality
- Father – Djanana Djuna (Vocalist in the Papa Wemba and Viva La Musica bands)
- Siblings – Maître Gims (Older Brother) (Singer, Rapper, Composer, Record Label Owner), Bedjik Djuna (Older Brother) (Rapper), Xgangs Djuna (Older Brother) (Rapper), Darcy Djuna (Brother) (Manga Author), Saty Djelass (Brother) (Author, Composer). He has 9 more siblings
- Others – DemDem (Sister-in-Law). His grandfather was also a singer. He has 5 nephlings through his brother Gandhi “Maître Gims”.
Dadju is represented by Joss Stinson (Manager) in France.
Soul, R&B, Hip-Hop/Rap
- Wati B (2012-2016)
- Polydor Records Ltd. (Universal Music Group)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dadju has dated –
- Jordyn Woods (2019) – Jordyn Woods, a model, social media star, and former friend of Kylie Jenner, appeared in the music video for his 2019 song Bobo au Coeur. This sparked media rumors that they were dating but the relationship was strictly professional.
- Dadju got married in 2016 and had a daughter in 2017. In November 2019, he subtly announced he and his wife were expecting their 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Congolese descent.
Dadju has endorsed brands such as Audemars Piguet.
Dadju Favorite Things
- Hobby – Riding A Quad Bike
- Nobel Prize Winner – Dr. Denis Mukwege
- Soccer Player – Corentin Tolisso
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
- Wild Animal – Lion
- His older brother, known under his stage name Maitre Gims, was born in Kinshasa, Zaire. The city later became the capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In 1988, when Maitre was 2 years old, the whole family moved to Paris, France, where Dadju was born.
- His older brother Maitre was also a born Catholic but converted to Islam and took Bilel as his 2nd name.
- Dadju dreamt of becoming an astronaut when he grows up and not a singer. It was his brother’s success with whom he spent time in the studio as a kid that motivated him to start a career in music.
- It was his mom who introduced him to religious and traditional African songs.
- Although he did rap in the past, he doesn’t consider it proper rap and thus doesn’t think of himself as a rapper, only singer.
- The name of his former musical formation, Shin Sekaï, was taken from the name of a fictional territory in One Piece, a well-known manga series.
- At the 2014 Trace Urban Music Awards, Shin Sekaï was named “Best Group of the Year.”
- The 1st time he performed solo was at the election of Canada’s Miss Beauty of Africa in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on April 1, 2018.
- Dadju was named “French Revelation of the Year” during the 2018 NRJ Music Awards.
- Dadju has collaborated with artists such as Nekfeu, Damso, Koba LaD, Hugo Nogam, KeBlack, Fally Ipupa, S.Pri Noir, Niska, Franglish, Alonzo, MHD, Kalash, Burna Boy, Kaly, Soolking, and Wizkid.
- In early 2020, he had “beef” with rapper Maes, the protégé of fellow rapper Booba.
- In February 2020, Dadju attended Tommy Hilfiger‘s fashion show during Fashion Week. He revealed he was bad at drawing but very passionate about fashion design and could imagine releasing a clothing line. He added that he has a childhood friend with whom he designed clothes for years.
Featured Image by Dadju / Instagram