|Catherine Tyldesley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1983|
Catherine Tyldesley is an English actor, comedian, singer, dancer, model, and writer who is known for playing Eva Price in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street, Abi Peterson in the soap opera Emmerdale, Karen Norris in the television sitcom Scarborough, Iris Moss in the period drama television series Lilies, Emma in the sitcom Trollied, Kate Tuckman in the police procedural drama thriller television miniseries Viewpoint, Psycho Sarah in the comedy sketch show Scallywagga, and Sara in the 4-part television miniseries 15 Days. In addition to that, she has also been cast in projects such as Holby City, Coronation Street, No Angels, Sorted, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Red Riding, It’s Adam and Shelley, The Jason Lewis Experience, The Street, Florence Nightingale, Doctors, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Chickens, Comedy Showcase, Shameless, The Royal, The Holden Girls: Mandy & Myrtle, Loose Women, All Star Family Fortunes, Strictly Come Dancing, and I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! NOW!.
Salford, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Cath Tyldesley went to St George’s Roman Catholic High School. She then got enrolled at Pendleton College in Salford, Greater Manchester.
To hone her acting and performance skills, she took classes at the Birmingham School of Acting (earlier known as Birmingham School of Speech & Drama). In 2005, she graduated from the school.
Actor, Model, Singer, Comedian, Dancer, Writer
- Father – Graham Tyldesley
- Mother – Janet Tyldesley
- Others – Michael Vaughan (Second Cousin) (Cricket Commentator, Former Cricketer)
Catherine Tyldesley has been represented by United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
United Agents Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cath Tyldesley has dated –
- Sam Witter (2012-2013) – According to reports, Cath started going out with her personal trainer Sam Witter in the early months of 2012. They eventually made their relationship public by sharing loved-up posts from their respective social media accounts. By the start of 2013, they were very serious about each other and were thinking about launching a fitness DVD. However, their relationship didn’t last much longer as in March, it was reported that their 7 years age difference proved to be too much and they broke up.
- Tom Pitfield (2014-Present) – Cath started dating another personal trainer Tom Pitfield at the start of 2014. They got engaged in August after he proposed to her during their romantic vacation in Venice. In March 2015, she gave birth to a boy, Alfie James Pitfield. In May 2016, they got married in a lavish and romantic ceremony held at Colshaw Hall in Cheshire. It was announced in October 2021 that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Blue eyes
Best Known For
- Being cast in the recurring role of Eva Price in the soap opera, Coronation Street
- Having played the role of Iris Moss in the period drama TV series, Lilies
In August 2016, she released her debut studio album, Rise. 2469 copies of the album were sold worldwide.
First TV Show
In 2006, she made her first TV show appearance in the Mother Love episode of the British drama series Holby City.
Cath Tyldesley is very particular about her workout routine and she even managed to shed pregnancy weight within weeks due to her gym regime. She is a huge fan of weight training routine, which has improved her back and stomach aesthetically. In fact, she was lifting weights while she was in the 7th month of her pregnancy.
Post-pregnancy, she also relied on her boxing sessions to speed up her weight loss. Overall, she aims to hit the gym at least 4 times a week. Sometimes due to her busy schedule, she can only manage 2 workout sessions per week. Her typical gym session lasts about 45 minutes. The bulk of the workout comprises of weight training. At the end of the workout, she performs some high-intensity interval training for cardio.
Regarding food, she is a big fan of the Mediterranean diet which includes a lot of fish, olive oil, and vegetables. However, she doesn’t believe in cutting out any nutrient groups such as carbs but she tries to eat good carbs such as quinoa and sweet potato instead of rice and regular potatoes.
Overall, she gives special attention to her protein intake. For example, her first meal of the day is an all-protein affair with salmon or an omelet. Also, she keeps processed food at an arm’s length. And, when indulging in her guilty pleasures, she makes subtle tweaks to make it healthier. For instance, she might order a gluten-free pizza with lactose-free cheese.
Catherine Tyldesley Favorite Things
- Guilty Food Pleasures – Pizza and Chocolate
- Song – Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
Catherine Tyldesley Facts
- Before she was cast in the TV show, Coronation Street, she used to be overweight. She eventually managed to lose 5 stone (70 lbs) before launching her career.
- In December 2017, it was revealed that she was going to end her long association with Coronation Street as she sought to explore new avenues in her career.
- Partnered with Johannes Radebe, she appeared as a contestant on the 17th season of the television dance competition series Strictly Come Dancing in 2019.
- She appeared as Kate Tuckman in the police procedural drama thriller television miniseries Viewpoint in 2021.
Featured Image by Marple Bridge Photography / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0