|Daniel Cormier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1979|
Daniel Cormier has been considered by many as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. He holds the distinction of being declared the number 1 ranked Pound-for-Pound (P4P) fighter in the world. His tremendous and dominating performances in the ring prove that he is worthy of every accolade that has come his way. As a UFC fighter, he has won championships in both the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions and has also been successful in every promotion he has competed for.
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
San Jose, California, United States
Daniel Cormier graduated from the Northside High School and then got enrolled at the Colby Community College. In 1999, he transferred to the Oklahoma State University to focus more on his wrestling game as OSU was considered as a traditional wrestling powerhouse and graduated with a degree in sociology.
Former Olympic Wrestler, Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Joseph Cormier (He was shot by the father of his second wife when Daniel was 7 years old.)
- Mother – Audrey Cormier
- Siblings – Joseph Cormier (Older Brother), Ferral Cormier (Younger Brother), Felicia Cormier (Sister)
Daniel Cormier is represented by Zinkin Entertainment and Sports Management.
72.5 in or 184 cm
Freestyle Wrestling, Kickboxing
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm (Billed Height)
But, he is considered 5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm tall.
112 kg or 247 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Cormier has dated –
- Robin (2002) – In November 2002, Cormier was unsuccessfully married to a woman named Robin.
- Carolyn Flowers – Daniel Cormier has previously dated a woman named Carolyn Flowers who was a track athlete at Oklahoma State. She even gave birth to their daughter named Kaedyn Imri Cormier. However, just 3 months after Kaedyn’s birth, tragedy struck. As the AC wasn’t working in her car, Flowers decided to let her daughter travel in her friend’s car. The car was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler truck and although Kaedyn was properly installed in an infant car seat, she could not survive the fatal crash that occurred on June 14, 2003.
- Salina Deleon (2011-Present) – In February 2011, his then-fiancée, Salina, gave birth to their son, Daniel Jr. who later started training at the American Kickboxing Academy where Cormier works as a coach. Salina gave birth to their daughter, Marquita Kalani Cormier, in March 2012. Salina and Daniel got married in a private and intimate wedding ceremony in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Imposing Body
Daniel Cormier has appeared in the TV commercials for –
He also has a personal endorsement deal with Monster Energy Drinks so he has used his social media activity to promote their products.
He has also served as a spokesperson for the Cage Fighter signature wrestling shoe.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful fighters in the history of UFC. He holds the distinction of being one of the only 2 UFC competitors to hold titles in 2 weight classes simultaneously, as he has held championships in both the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions.
- His successful stint with San Jose-based mixed martial arts and kickboxing promotion, Strikeforce. During his time there, he was crowned Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Champion.
First MMA Match
Daniel made his MMA debut in September 2009 as he took on Gary Frazier at Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings event and won the match in the 2nd round via technical knockout.
In April 2013, he made his UFC promotional debut in a match against Frank Mir at UFC on Fox 7. He won the match via unanimous decision.
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Mantervention.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his MMA fights and wrestling matches, Daniel Cormier’s first TV show appearance came on sports series, A Shot at Glory, in 2010.
Daniel Cormier has an intense and grueling workout regime to help him prop his enviable record in the fighting cage. He spends a lot of time enhancing his strength and endurance with some heavy weight lifting exercises. He also goes for circuit style workouts to boost his cardiovascular capacity and also doesn’t neglect cardio exercises such as cycling on a stationary bike. Lastly, he has regular sparring and kickboxing sessions scheduled to keep his game sharp and fierce.
Daniel Cormier Favorite Things
- NFL Team – New Orleans Saints
- Fast Food Chain – Popeyes
Daniel Cormier Facts
- While he was studying at Northside High School, he managed to win 3 Louisiana state championships in wrestling.
- By the time he graduated from high school, his overall record was 101-9 and he had won 89 of his matches via a fall.
- During high school, he also excelled in high school football and was an all-state football player in the linebacker position. He was even offered a scholarship to play football for LSU Tigers (Louisiana State University team) but he decided against it as he wanted to focus on wrestling.
- While studying at the Colby Community College, he twice became the junior college national champion at 197 pounds in 1998 and 1999 consecutively.
- As a freestyle wrestler, Daniel managed to become senior U.S. national champion each year from 2003 to 2008. He also represented the U.S. at every international competition including Olympics and Wrestling World Championships.
- In 2008, he decided to pursue a career in MMA and started training at American Kickboxing Academy with Cain Velasquez, Jon Fitch, and Josh Koscheck.
- In May 2015, he became the new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion as he managed to defeat Jon Jones in a fight for the vacant title at UFC 187.
- In July 2018, he was crowned as UFC Heavyweight Champion after he defeated Stipe Miocic via a knockout in the first round.
- He holds the distinction of having won a world championship belt in every promotion he has competed in. Apart from Strikeforce and UFC, he has also won King of the Cage Heavyweight Championship.
- He was declared captain of the U.S. wrestling team for the 2008 Olympics. However, he had to officially withdraw his participation because of a kidney failure caused by excessive weight cutting.
- Follow Daniel Cormier on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Daniel Cormier / Instagram