|Daniel Kaluuya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1989|
Daniel Kaluuya is an English actor and writer who is widely known for his role in Get Out (2017), for which he received an Academy Award nomination. His other noteworthy performances include his role in the episode, Fifteen Million Merits, of the sci-fi TV series, Black Mirror and the play Sucker Punch at the Royal Court Theater. He is also an accomplished writer and has been a part of the writing staff for Skins, which made him one of the youngest writers to contribute hour-long episodes for prime time drama.
Camden, London, England, United Kingdom
West London, England, United Kingdom
Daniel studied at St. Aloysius College in London.
- Father – Stephen Kaluuya
- Mother – Damalie Namusoke
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Daniel is represented by –
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, California, United States
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel has dated –
- Amandla Crichlow – Daniel is reportedly dating British actress Amandla Crichlow and their relationship became public only when he brought her as his date at the SAG Awards in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ugandan descent.
Best Known For
His breakthrough performance as the leading character Chris Washington in the 2017 hit film, Get Out. He was nominated at all the major award ceremonies and even won the BAFTA Rising Star Award in 2018 for his role in the film.
Daniel made his theatrical film debut as a young Cass Pennant in the crime drama, Cass, in 2008.
First TV Show
In 2007, Daniel made his first TV show appearance as Posh Kenneth in the Cassie episode of the British teen drama series, Skins.
Daniel Kaluuya Favorite Things
- Songs Of 2017 – Shade by IAMDDB, The Essence by Giggs, Did You See by J Hus, Leave Me by J Hus, Ruler by Giggs, Question Time by Dave, 21 Gun Salute by Stormzy feat. Wretch 32, Skeng by Geovarn feat. Belly Shalin, No Don by Lotto Boyz, No Love by Donae’o, Mean It In The Morning by Loyle Carner
- Film – A Prophet (2009)
Source – Interview Magazine, Interview Magazine
Daniel Kaluuya Facts
- Daniel grew up in a council estate in Kentish Town, London after his mother immigrated to England from Uganda to raise Daniel and his older sister. His father was mostly absent from his life as he lived in Uganda and couldn’t visit often due to stringent UK visa regulations.
- He is a big-time supporter of the football club Arsenal. His devotion to the club extends to him considering Tottenham Hotspur F.C., the club’s North London rivals, as the ”Voldemort of the League” and the ”team who must not be named”.
- He took an interest in writing at an early age and had written his own play by the time he was 9 years old. The play took inspiration from the American sitcom, Kenan & Kel, and was centered on 2 guys who worked at McDonald’s. It was performed at London’s Hampstead Theater.
- In 2021, he received the Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture” and the Critics Choice Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category for his role as Fred Hampton in the 2021 biographical drama film, Judas and the Black Messiah. He also won the “Best Supporting Actor” award at the 2021 Academy Awards for the same role.
- In July 2022, during an interview, Daniel revealed that he had almost quit acting before landing the lead role in the 2017 horror film, Get Out.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0