|D’Arcy Carden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1980|
D’Arcy Carden is an American actress and comedian who inherited love for acting and theatre from her father, who often used to act in the local community theatre. After completing her high school, she decided to pursue her passion and got enrolled in a theatre course at the university. Upon graduation, she moved to New York City and decided to further hone her skills with the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre (UCB). She started her acting career by working in a string of web shows such as UCB Comedy Originals and Rhonda Casting. She got her mainstream breakthrough in 2016 as she was cast in the starring role in the comedy show, The Good Place.
Darcy Beth Erokan
Danville, California, United States
She lives with her husband Jason Carden in Los Angeles, California. They had previously lived in New York City but decided to move in 2013.
D’Arcy Carden went to the San Ramon Valley High School and graduated in 1998. She later got enrolled at the Southern Oregon University and graduated with a Bachelors in Fine Arts in Theater.
- Father – Dennis Erokan (Founder of BAM Magazine. He also acted in the local community theatre.)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Laney Erokan-Footman (Older Sister). She also has a brother and a sister.
- Others – Dogan/Don Hussein Erokan (Paternal Grandfather), Athena/Anita Caragianis (Paternal Grandmother), Frederick John Engelfried (Maternal Grandfather), Lila Jean Blumenthal (Maternal Grandmother)
D’Arcy Carden is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
D’Arcy Carden has dated –
- Jason Carden – D’Arcy is married to actor and producer, Jason Carden. They had first met while working in the same play in San Francisco. They managed to hit it off instantly and discovered that along with love for Disneyland, they had a lot in common.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
On her father’s side, she is of Greek and Turkish ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of Ashkenazi Jewish and German descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ or ‘dark brown’.
D’Arcy Carden has used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
Best Known For
- Having played the starring role of Janet on the fantasy sitcom, The Good Place
- Being cast in the recurring role of Natalie in the dark comedy TV series, Barry
- Having made appearances on popular TV shows such as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Adam Ruins Everything, and Comedy Bang! Bang!
In 2013, she made her theatrical film debut in the parody movie,iSteve, which was the first biopic movie made on Steve Jobs after his death.
First Web Show
In 2008, she made her first web show appearance in the Johnny Rebel episode of the comedy sketch show, UCB Comedy Originals.
First TV Show
In 2013, D’Arcy Carden made her first TV show appearance in the Meth Lab episode of the comedy TV series, Inside Amy Schumer.
D’Arcy Carden Favorite Things
- Emoji – Smiley face with heart eyes
- Movie – Moulin Rouge (2001)
- TV Shows – Friends
- Most Admirable Person – Harry Styles
- Books – The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Self-Care Products – Face Masks
- Face Mask Brand – L’Oreal Pure Clay Mask
- Bath Bombs – Lush Bath Bombs
- Must-Have Makeup Products – Benefit Boi-ing Concealer, Rosebud Salve lip balm, and Dior mascara
Source – AmySmartGirls.com, Hello Giggles
D’Arcy Carden Facts
- She decided to add an apostrophe to her first name Darcy while she was studying in junior high. She was a huge fan of the music band Smashing Pumpkins and was particularly inspired by their bassist D’arcy Wretzky.
- Just before she auditioned for her role in The Good Place, she had felt that she was done acting as she had failed to attract any substantial opportunities in the TV shows.
- After graduating from the university, she decided to move to New York City. While in New York City, her friend invited her to a comedy sketch show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre (UCB). She was so impressed by the show that she decided to sign up for the classes at UCB.
- D’Arcy started performing with UCB in 2004. She was later roped in by UCB Touring company.
- She got her first big breakthrough after she was cast in popular shows such as Inside Amy Schumer and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
- In 2010, she added her husband’s surname to her professional name and since then, has been credited as D’Arcy Carden for her works.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by D’Arcy Carden / Instagram