|David Banner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1974|
David Banner is an American rapper who started his music career as a one of the rap duo Crooked Lettaz, with Kamikaze, who is also a famous rapper. He received a bachelor’s degree in business at Southern University and started to pursue a master’s degree in education, but left the program before completing it so that he could do music full-time.
He took on the stage name of David Banner from the starring character in The Incredible Hulk, the television series based on the Marvel Comics’ character The Hulk, played by Bill Bixby as Dr. David Bruce Banner. He produced rap songs for films such as 2 Fast 2 Furious in 2003 and See No Evil in 2006. He has been nominated for a number of awards including the 2008 BET Hip Hop Award for “Best Hip-Hop Video”, “Best Hip-Hop Collabo”, and “Best Producer”. David has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Lavelle William Crump
David Banner, Mr. Mississippi, L. ‘D.B.’ Crump
Brookhaven, Mississippi, United States
Mississippi, United States
David Banner attended Provine High School, Jackson, Mississippi and graduated in 1992. He later went to Southern University, Baton Rouge and received a bachelor’s degree in business.
David later got enrolled at The University of Maryland Eastern Shore, however, he left his studies there to focus on his music career.
Rap artist, Record Producer, Actor, Composer, Writer, Activist, Philanthropist
- Father – Zeno Crump, Jr. (Jackson District Fire Chief) (Deceased)
- Mother – Carolyn Crump
- Siblings – Unknown
David Banner is managed by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Hip-Hop, Gangsta Rap, Hardcore Rap, Southern Rap
Vocals, Sampler, Keyboards
- SRC Records
- Republic Records
- Def Jam South
- Universal Music Group
- Entertainment One Music
- Big Face
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Banner has dated –
- Tichina Arnold (1998) – David Banner is rumored to have dated Tichina Arnold, an American actress, for 5 months from May 1998 to September 1998. However, none of them have confirmed or denied the rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
- Gray Goatee
- Tall height
He hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Releasing popular albums such as Them Firewater Boyz, Vol. 1, Mississippi: The Album, MTA2: Baptized in Dirty Water, among others
- His collaborative album with 9th Wonder, Death of a Pop Star
- Acting in films such as Black Snake Moan, Stomp The Yard 2: Homecoming, The Last Punch, among others
- Appearing on TV shows such as Cribs, 106 & Park Top 10 Live, Monk, Last Call with Carson Daly, among others
- Having roles in video games like Def Jam: Fight for NY and Def Jam: Fight for NY The Takeover
David Banner released his debut album Them Firewater Boyz, Vol. 1 in the year 2000.
David Banner made his theatrical film debut as Tehronne in the 2006 film Black Snake Moan.
First TV Show
David Banner made his TV show debut as Himself on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2003.
David Banner Facts
- His professional music career started in 1994.
- The various moods his music invokes fit the description of angry, confrontational, thuggish, hostile, aggressive, menacing, and provocative.
- He grew up in Jackson, Mississippi when his family moved from Brookhaven.
- At the Southern University, he served as the president of the Students Government Association.
- In 2006, David Banner wrote the theme song for Saints Row, an action-adventure video game for the Xbox 360 and mobile phones.
- He contributed music for the commercial of the video game, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
- His single track Play was played as the background music in the television promo of the pilot of the animation show, That Crook’d ‘Sipp in 2007.
- He featured on the gospel song Superfriend of the gospel R & B duo, Mary Mary. It is from their 2008 album, The Sound.
- He worked with the Japanese rap artist Seeda in 2010, featuring on the track Life Song.
- He featured on a remix of the Mexican rap artist Kap G’s single La Policia in 2014. It was used on the comedy film Ride Along, which starred Ice Cube, Kevin Hart, Tika Sumpter, Laurence Fishburne, among others.
- He worked on the music video for Korn’s Twisted Transistor in 2005.
- David Banner appeared in the 2006 song Seein’ Thangs about Hurricane Katrina.
- He has worked with various artists including, the Bay Area hyphy rappers Nump and Gold, Chris Brown, 9th Wonder, Erykah Badu, among others.
- David did the vocals in the collaborative album with 9th Wonder, Death of a Pop Star.
- He has also produced music for various artists including, Trick Daddy, T.I., Lil Boosie, Lil Wayne.
- The single track Play from the 2005 album, Certified, reached #7 on the Hot 100 chart, #5 on the R&B chart, and #3 on the Rap chart.
- In 2006, David Banner was awarded by the 2006 National Black Caucus Of the State Legislature a “Visionary Award” for his work after Hurricane Katrina.
- He testified before Congress in 2007, at a hearing about racism and misogyny in hip hop music.
- He has defended his use of offensive language, saying, “I can admit there are some problems in hip hop, but it is only a reflection of what’s taking place in our society. Hip hop is sick because America is sick”. This was at a Congress at a hearing about misogyny and racism in hip hop music
- He played the role of Mo in the film This Christmas in 2007.
- David Banner also acted in the film Black Snake Moan (2006).
- Visit his official website @ davidbannershop.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Featured Image by David Banner / Instagram