|Dee Bradley Baker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1962|
Dee Bradley Baker is a prolific American voice actor who has lent his voice to hundreds of characters in video games, animated movies, and TV shows. He began acting in plays, musicals, and operas by the age of 9 and even performed as a stand-up comedian in his hometown of Greeley, Colorado before eventually moving to Los Angeles in 1993 to pursue a career in voice acting. He made his TV debut as the voice of a talking rock called Olmec on the popular Nickelodeon children’s adventure show Legends of the Hidden Temple (1993-1995) and has since become one of the most sought after voice artists in Hollywood.
Dee Bradley Baker
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He graduated from the University High School in Colorado in 1981 with a Boettcher Scholarship due to his academic proficiency. He then attended the Colorado College where he studied philosophy, biology, fine arts, and the German language and graduated with a BA degree in philosophy.
He also studied German for a year at the University of Göttingen in Germany.
Voice Actor, Photographer, Ventriloquist, Voice Acting Coach
- Father – Edwin ‘Buddy’ Baker (Trombonist)
- Mother – Nancy Ann McCaslin Baker (Secretary, School Teacher) (d.2007)
- Siblings – Amy Kathryn Brierley (Sister), Christopher James Baker (Brother) (Doctor)
- Others – James McCaslin (Maternal Uncle), Zadie Baker (Niece), Braxton Baker (Nephew), Mia Brierly (Niece), Chris Brierly (Nephew), Lester McCaslin (Maternal Grandfather), Velma Lucille Jones (Maternal Grandmother), Marcellus McCaslin (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Hattie Helena Jordan (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Bert Clinton Jones (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Grace Marie Nicholson (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
He is represented by Cynthia McLean, Agent, SBV Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dee has dated –
- Michelle Baker (1990-Present) – Dee first met Michelle when they were both working at a children’s theatre at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. They got married in 1990 and have 2 daughters named Josie and Cora.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, Scottish, and German descent.
- Deep, baritone voice
- Short-cropped hair
- Cylindrical face
- Affable smile
Dee Bradley Baker Favorite Things
- Movie Franchises – Star Trek, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes
- Movie Genre – Sci-fi
- Musician – Frank Zappa
- Animals – Insects, Arthropods, and Dinosaurs
- Gaming Console – Xbox
- Pets – Dogs
Dee Bradley Baker Facts
- He was born in Bloomington, Indiana but was brought up in Greeley, Colorado. He moved to Orlando, Florida in 1989 to be part of an improv sketch comedy show titled The Anacomical Players. While there, he worked in several projects for Disney and Universal Studios before eventually moving to Los Angeles in 1993.
- His first voice-over role in a feature film was in the 1996 basketball/Looney Tunes-themed movie Space Jam. He voiced the cartoon characters Daffy Duck, Taz, and Toro.
- He has done voice-over work for various recurring cartoon characters on popular animated TV shows like The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Laboratory, SpongeBob SquarePants, Ben 10, and The Powerpuff Girls.
- Dee has also done character work for some amusement parks. He has provided the voice for the famous movie character Captain Jack Sparrow’s talking parrot in the Pirates of the Caribbean rides at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom.
- He has been involved in numerous movies, voicing Maurice in Happy Feet (2006), and Captain Rex and Commander Cody in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), and in video games voicing Joe in Viewtiful Joe (2003), Gravemind in Halo 2 (2004) and Halo 3 (2004), and Brainiac in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (2014).
- In 2005, Dee was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by his alma mater, Colorado College.
- Dee runs and hosts a website that acts as a treasured resource for budding voice actors, where he shares his experiences, learnings, and valuable life lessons.
- Dee is also a photography enthusiast and runs a professional website where he uploads his captured images, mainly focusing on small insects and flowers.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0