|Bryshere Y. Gray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1993|
Bryshere Y. Gray is an American actor and rapper. He has been cast in roles like Hakeem Lyon in the musical drama television series Empire, Michael Bivins in the biographical 3-part miniseries The New Edition Story, Tyrell in the dance film Honey: Rise Up and Dance, Kholi Styles in the thriller drama film Canal Street, and Marcus Brick in the sports drama film Sprinter.
Bryshere Yazuan Gray
Yazz, Yazz the Great
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Bryshere Gray was enrolled at Overbrook High School. However, it is not known whether he completed high school.
Rapper and actor
- Mother – Andria Mayberry
- Siblings – He has one sister named Brianna.
Bryshere Gray has been represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Pop, hip hop, and R&B
His net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bryshere Gray has dated –
- Allonie Janet (2015) – In 2015, Bryshere was reported to be dating Philadelphia-based singer Allonie Janet. They had been dating for quite some time. Going by their social media activity, it can be assumed that they decided to go on separate ways by the latter half of 2015.
- Jhonni Blaze (2017) – In March 2017, Bryshere was reported to be dating model and actress, Jhonni Blaze after they were spotted by the fans on a date at Disneyland. The rumors sparked by their regular outings had been there before their relationship was confirmed by their fun-filled date.
- Candice Jimdar – He has been married to Candice Jimdar. Bryshere Gray was arrested by police in Goodyear, Arizona on July 13, 2020, following an alleged domestic violence incident with his wife. Following the attack on his wife, he was charged and sentenced to 10 days in jail and 3 years probation on May 24, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic physique
- Dimpled smile
Best Known For
- Being cast as Hakeem Lyon in the musical drama series, Empire
- Playing the role of Michael Bivins in the biographical miniseries, The New Edition Story
As a Singer
In 2015, Bryshere contributed three songs – No Apologies, Drip Drop and You’re So Beautiful to the soundtrack album of Empire’s first season. He contributed a couple of songs to the music album of Empire’s second season too.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance on Fox’s musical drama series Empire.
Bryshere hits the gym hard and regularly to keep his shredded physique in tip-top shape. In the gym, he likes to go for a high-intensity workout that mixes weight lifting exercises with bodyweight moves.
He especially puts a lot of emphasis on bodyweight exercises to carve out an athletic physique. In fact, he has revealed that he can easily perform one and half hours workouts, comprising mainly of pushups, pull-ups, and crunches.
Bryshere Gray Favorite Things
- Celebrity Crush – Jennifer Lopez
- High School Class – Cooking
- Best Dish (He Can Cook) – Tilapia
- Athlete – Serena Williams
- Movie – Rent (2005)
- NFL Team – Seattle Seahawks
- Game – Call of Duty
- Actor – Morgan Freeman
- Music Artists – Nas, and the Roots
- Dream Collaborations – Kehlani, Selena Gomez, and Ariana Grande
Source – Cosmopolitan.com, USMagazine.com
Bryshere Gray Facts
- He was an accomplished football player while growing up and was on his high school team. However, an injury halted his career and he, instead, decided to focus on music.
- He had a difficult childhood as he was raised by a single mother in poor financial conditions. He had to take up odd jobs to help his family. He even worked as a street entertainer to earn money.
- He used to work at Pizza Hut and used some of the money earned from eating joint to film his first music video. He was eventually fired from Pizza Hut for working on his music while on the job.
- He was discovered by music manager Charlie Mack while performing on the streets. He eventually got him a gig at Jay-Z’s music festival.
- When he gave an audition for the role of Hakeem Lyon in Empire, he was in poor financial condition and was about to be evicted from his home.
- A part of his audition for Empire was conducted on Apple’s Facetime and he had to rap in that section of the audition.
- Although he thought about making a career in the music industry in his late teens, he had the inclination and talent for music from a very young age. In fact, he wrote his first song at the age of 9.
- Alongside Mykelti Williamson, Mekhi Phifer, Kevin Quinn, Woody McClain, and Lance Reddick, he co-starred as Kholi Styles, a young black teenager who is wrongfully accused of the murder of his white classmate from Winnetka, in the 2018 thriller drama film Canal Street.
- He brought to life the character of Marcus Brick in the 2018 sports drama film Sprinter. His co-stars for the project included Usain Bolt, Natasha Kalimada, Kadeem Wilson, Lorraine Toussaint, and David Alan Grier.
- In May 2021, he entered a guilty plea in a domestic violence case and was sentenced to 10 days in county jail and 3 years probation.