|Deepak Chahar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Deepak Chahar is an Indian cricketer who is known for bowling in the power play and is considered a specialist. He has played for Rajasthan at the domestic level. His talent and swing bowling technique earned him a youth contract by Rajasthan Royals and was trained under them and later in 2018, he got selected by Chennai Super Kings to play in the IPL. Chahar was the “Player of the Series” in the 2019 India-Bangladesh T20I series where he took a 5 wicket haul and a hattrick as well. He was included in Team India’s B-squad for the 2018-19 Deodhar Trophy. He got selected in the Indian team in 2019 to play against West Indies and in the final match, he won the “Player of the Match” award, where his bowling figure was 3/4. Deepak is considered to be one of the main players behind India winning the T20I series against Bangladesh in 2019.
Deepak Lokendrasingh Chahar
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Father – Lokendra Chahar (Retired Indian Air Force Officer)
- Siblings – Malti Chahar (Older Sister) (Actress, Model), Rahul Chahar (Brother) (Cricketer)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deepak has dated –
- Jaya Bhardwaj (2021-Present) – On October 7, 2021, Deepak proposed to Jaya Bhardwaj after a match of Chennai Super Kings and the couple got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
- Good physique
- Tall height
He has been a part of the commercials for brands like –
- Gillette India
Deepak Chahar Favorite Things
- Cricketer – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Hobbies – Working out
Deepak Chahar Facts
- He was introduced to cricket at the age of 10 by his father.
- His father quit his job to make him a cricketer.
- His career was affected badly between 2011 and 2014 due to several injuries.
- In 2018, he got selected by Chennai Super Kings to play at the IPL.
- He is not a fan of fast food.
- In 2008, Gregg Chapel had rejected Chahar during the trials and had even said that he had no future in cricket.
- He made his ODI debut in 2018 against Afghanistan.
- He made his T20I debut in 2018 against England.
- His figures in his debut match for the Ranji Trophy for Rajasthan were 8/10 in the 2010-11 season.
- He is called a power-play specialist.
- In the 2019 India-Bangladesh series, he took a 5-wicket haul and the first hattrick by a bowler for India in T20I.
- He is very much involved in fitness.
- Deepak has a dog named Denzo.
- He was nurtured by the Rajasthan Royals and got a youth contract under them.
- He has worked with international coaches such as Ian Pont and Catherine Dalton.
- On November 17, 2021, during the first T20I match between New Zealand and India in Jaipur, Deepak had won the ‘Moment of the Match’ award (which included 1 lakh rupees and a trophy) for his ‘death stare’ reaction after he took Martin Guptill‘s wicket.
Featured Image by Deepak Chahar / Instagram