|Deepak Hooda Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|April 19, 1995
Deepak Hooda is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his contribution as an all-rounder in the Indian national cricket team and to the Rajasthan Royals in 2015. In December 2019, he was all set to play for the Kings XI Punjab at the 2020 Indian Premier League. Along the way, he has amassed a huge fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Facebook, and more than 7k followers on Twitter.
Deepak Jagbir Hooda
Rohtak, Haryana, India
- Father – Jagbir Hooda (Teacher)
- Siblings – Ashish Hooda
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deepak has dated –
- Sneha – He was in a relationship with a girl named Sneha.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and lean physique
- Sports a box-shaped beard
- He has a tattoo sleeve on his left forearm.
Through his social media, Deepak has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Sunridges.
Deepak Hooda Favorite Things
- Ground To Play At – Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
Source – Sports-Nova.com
Deepak Hooda Facts
- Hooda was born in Rohtak and moved to Baroda, where he grew up.
- He started off playing cricket from an early age.
- During his younger days, he would play gully cricket.
- Deepak realized his potential when he was 12 and a half years old.
- He credits his family for their support and encouragement.
- Deepak had begun playing cricket for the state of Haryana. However, after he moved to Baroda, his father urged him to play from Baroda as a result of having better contact with people.
- Growing up, Deepak was a shy kid.
- He started to develop his self-confidence only after he began playing the team in Baroda.
- Deepak and Hardik Pandya played side-by-side in Baroda.
- He considers former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen to be his biggest inspiration.
- Deepak has a Golden Retriever named Nonu.
- His brother Ashish also played cricket. However, an injury to his shoulder put an end to his bowling career.
- In his free time, Deepak enjoys going trekking and spending time with his family.
- Deepak started his Twitter account in April 2021.
- Hooda earned his first Indian Premier League contract in February 2014 with the Rajasthan Royals. Since then, he has played for th Kings XI Punjab and the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- He is a huge fan of former cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Deepak is well-noted for his explosive batting performance.
- He considers cricketer Amit Shah to be one of the best bowlers that he has faced to date.
- Deepak is considered to be an accurate bowler. Besides that, he is also said to be an agile fielder.
- He trained under the careful guidance of coach Sanjiv Sawant.
- Deepak played for the Under-19 cricket team at the “2014 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.”
- He scored a double century for Baroda at the “2016–17 Ranji Trophy” in the 4th round of the competition.
- In November 2017, Deepak had been announced as a team member for the “Twenty20 International” series against Sri Lanka.
- In September 2021, Deepak had come under the scanner for possibly breaching the anti-corruption guidelines set by BCCI because of his tweet ahead of his match (representing Punjab Kings) against Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League 2021 held in UAE. The BCCI’s guidelines suggested that there should not be any talk about the composition of the team which he reportedly breached.
- After India won its second match against Zimbabwe in August 2022, Deepak Hooda created the world record for winning the most consecutive matches in international cricket since his debut. India won all the 16 matches in which he had played. The previous record was held by Romania’s Satvik Nadigotla.
- As per the list released in March 2023, Deepak Hooda was included in BCCI’s 1-crore annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
Featured Image By Deepak Hooda / Instagram