|DeVante Parker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DeVante Parker is an American professional football player who began representing the Miami Dolphins in 2015 in the National Football League (NFL), as a wide receiver.
Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
DeVante had graduated from Ballard High School in his hometown of Louisville. He had joined the University of Louisville, a public research university in Louisville, Kentucky, in 2011, and had represented the Louisville Cardinals.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Anthony Shelman (Former American Football Player)
- Mother – Raneca Parker
11 – Miami Dolphins
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a beard
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his arms and entire upper torso
DeVante Parker Facts
- While he was studying at Ballard High School, DeVante was a three-sport star performer (football, track, and basketball). In football, he was a 2-time ‘All-State’ performer and was named in the first-team All-State by The Courier-Journal. In his junior year, he had been named the joint winner of the ‘Paul Hornung Award’ as the best player in the state.
- In his senior year, he had recorded 68 passes for 1,793 yards (26.4 yards per catch) and 19 touchdowns which placed him 4th all-time in the state’s history. He had finished his high school career as one of its best-ever wide receivers with 3,274 yards, which was the fifth-best performance of all time.
- His achievements in track & field were no less stellar. He had lettered in all 4 high school years as a sprinter. At the 2011 Class 3A Region 4 Championship, he had helped his 4×100 m relay team earn the top position in the state until they were defeated by bitter rivals Louisville Eastern High School. He had also taken the 4×200 m relay team to the top position.
- At the University of Louisville, in his freshman season, he had led his team, Louisville Cardinals, in terms of touchdowns (6). In his sophomore year, he led his team with 744 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns on 40 receptions. His record of 10 touchdown receptions was the most by a player in a season since 1998.
- In his junior year, he had scored a school record-tying 12 touchdowns. He was named in the ‘First-team All-AAC (American Athletic Conference)’ in 2013, his junior year, and the ‘Second-team All-ACC‘ in 2014, his senior year.
- Although he had missed the first 7 games of his senior year with an injury, his performances until then were enough for him to be picked 14th overall in the 1st round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins.
- In the Week 13 game of the 2020 NFL season, playing for the Miami Dolphins, against the Cincinnati Bengals, he was ejected from the game after getting involved in a physical altercation with the opposition players.
Featured Image by DeVante Parker / Instagram